Help Center Live Community
April 16, 2014, 08:13:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MacOS Problem  (Read 5469 times)
tmsousa
Not too much to say...

« on: February 21, 2009, 02:50:40 AM »

I recently install HCL and is working perfectly on all browser's except on mac.

If a client use mac to start a chat the operator can see the chat request and accept, the chat starts normally but no chat text can be seen by either party.

Are there any other users with the same problem? Can anyone help me ?

Thanks.
Linksphere
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 07:03:54 PM »

Same here, firefox and safari say its online. . .  but if a reload the page i'm actually offline and the browsers to my site don't show up.  Works fine on all browers on Vista as far as I know.
lewko
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 01:15:40 PM »

Yep.   problem for me too, using Help Center Live 2. 1. 7. 

I couldn't communicate with a user of User-agent:
Netscape - Mozilla/5.  0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.  4; en-US; rv:1.  9.  0.  11) Gecko/2009060214 Firefox/3.  0.  11

A big problem.  .  . 

I am running PHP Version 5. 2. 3 on Apache/2. 0. 52. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 01:24:19 PM by lewko » Logged
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »

uggg... yes, no browsers on a mac working is a known issue. If you browse through the forum you will find multiple users with the same issue and no solution.

Just wait until V3 if you can
Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
lewko
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 05:09:46 AM »

Thanks Spenser. 

We use Macs quite extensively, as do our clients, so I'm happy to help you test the new beta.  

In the interim, can anyone suggest another FOSS equivalent program which is mac-friendly? Happy to change back to HCL3 as the setup is easy enough.   I can't however have a "talk to us" icon on our website which discriminates.  .  . 
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »

Next to the paid software, I don't really think there is anything good. The other free help center suites are, if I remember correctly, quite out of date. As in the last update on a few of them was 2k4. Not that HCL is doing much better, but it is a bit more up to date. If you want to go paid software, there are quite a few decent ones, and I would be happy to help you find something. However if you want something free, you may be best building a basic system yourself. I made one that allowed operators to use MSN in about 15 hours. Its not extremely featureful, however it works on windows and macs Wink

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: