Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 05:28:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I do not hear the sounds but another admin does.  (Read 4702 times)
Capo
Not too much to say...

« on: July 06, 2008, 06:13:45 AM »

When someone is requesting a chat, it doesn't make the sounds for me, but it makes the sounds for the other admin. 

Why? I really need this fixed. 

Thanks. 
Capo
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 02:47:46 AM »

Bump.  Still no sound and still no support. . . . . .
Capo
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 08:32:21 AM »

Bump.  This support is shocking. . . . . .
Capo
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 06:08:35 AM »

Bump.  This is really sad and shows how much Help Center Live staff care.
ScriptJunkie
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 01:03:54 AM »

Capo, did you read the "Having Problems? Read This First" thread?

The "Support" that you feel doesn't care is one guy who is a single father and runs his own business.

This software is FREE.  It is unreasonable to expect the same level of support for software that is the result of volunteer effort as you would were you a paying customer.

"Support" spends a great deal of his free time creating, modifying, and updating this software so folks like you and me can have a cool feature for our websites without having to pay the thousands of dollars it would normally cost.  Have you tried pricing similar software to see what it costs?

You're getting a bargain.  Express gratitude.

Your posts don't exactly motivate anyone to help you.  They lack information and have an abundance of attitude.

Have you tried the following? (If so, you need to say so, so anyone answering you can better guide you towards a solution).

Have you checked the settings and functionality of your own PC?
Have you checked the sound settings for your HCL account?
Have you looked in the Monitor Window to see if your sounds are turned on?
Have you checked your config files to see if you or someone else changed anything in there that could be causing this problem?

Because it works without incident for others, the first things to look at are your own settings and your own machine.

It would also be very helpful if you included information about your server (windows, linux, apache, unix?), your operating system (XP, Vista, Mac?), the versions of your operating system, PHP, HCL, etc.

All of that makes a huge difference.  When one has limited time to spare, they are unlikely to respond to questions that require lengthy conversations just to get to the root issue.

I know your site is as important to you as mine is to me.  I feel your frustration and often experience it myself.  However, none of that justifies being rude towards others, especially if you want their help.

Letting go of the expectation that we are somehow owed something by someone somewhere, leads to a peaceful and frustration-free existence.

Peaceful Journeys
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: