Help Center Live Community
April 25, 2014, 01:04:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: monitor traffic , not appearring  (Read 7660 times)
traxxtech
Not too much to say...

« on: September 14, 2007, 04:00:42 AM »

I installed HCL 2.15 and it appears all to function ("incoming chat requests and chat sessions) EXCEPT traffic monitor and user info..

The problem is that no traffic monitoring is shown, I've checked the config.php and its set to true, and I've navigated to the site from various computers and noting appears in the operator console (no URL info) ..

Additionally when I do accept a request, all the user information below the chat messages, is blank.
IP, footprint, all blank..  very strange, I re-checked the folder permissions and they all seem fine.

It seems to me this may be because of some Apache (or .htacess) setting, that prevents the server from polling the data.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 06:12:06 AM »

Make sure your server isn't set to safe mode being on.  This can obfuscate the data.

how may I help you today?
traxxtech
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 02:45:32 PM »

Checked the server is not in safe-mode (at least the php.ini via phpinfo() ) shows safe mode is off ..

Does any one know what tpl or php file contains the display code (monitor code) so we can try to trace into  it to trouble shoot it down.. is the the monitor URL's saved in the database somewhere?

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 06:23:04 PM »

Hmm, do you have access to your database, through like phpMyAdmin, to see what records are there?  You should have records in activity and stats_visitors?

cbeller
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 02:43:25 AM »

I am actually experiencing the exact same thing. The ability to monitor and initiate a chat is a core feature I need to be able to use.

HCL 2.15
PHP Version 5.1.6
MySQL version     4.1.22-standard-log
Linux Kernel version     2.6.19.2-grsec-sg5
Apache version     1.3.37 (Unix)

Checked in phpMyAdmin
activity = no records
stats_visitors = 1 record

Website is developed with Joomla (1.0.4)

The site has a couple hundred visitors a day, so I know the stats are not correct.

I made sure to kill all local firewalls. I tested on multiple machines here and I also had someone test it from another location.

Is there code I am missing that needs to be put somewhere to send the information? I don't remember seeing where I needed to put any code anywhere, other than the status image.

Thanks!
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 05:52:36 AM »

The generated code is all you need.  It almost seems like it either isn't getting the address from the webserver or it's not able to write to the DB.

One thing, your not running on lighthttpd are you?  I have not even tried to get things working under non-apache/non-iis(and IIS is pretty iffy).

edit: You know, sometime I might start reading a bit closer since you posted apache 1.3.37.  Let me do some checking, I can not remember having any issues on 1.3, but frankly have not tested the last few versions on it, since I have to load them as a image.  All my web servers run 2.x apache and 5.x php at this point.  Also, do you know what privs you have in the DB?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:54:58 AM by mlzhosting » Logged

cbeller
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 06:08:34 PM »

Have ALL privs on the DB.

The "generated code" is just the code for the status, correct?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 09:23:09 PM »

When you go into setup there is a spot to generate code.  That should be the only thing needed.  I'm at a loss as to why it's not populating the database, unless, the visitors are showing up as robots.  There really is no reason they should unless the host is not passing info back to the script.

cbeller
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 03:15:23 AM »

OK, I have figured it out.

I am using Joomla CMS, and I put the generated HTML code in one of the modules so the online/offline status was always visable. HOWEVER, I did not paste the "invisible code" anywhere on my site.

To resolve the issue, I generated the "invisible code" and pasted it just inside the </body> tag of the "index.php file in the root of the site template folder.

Once I did that, everything worked fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: