Help Center Live Community
April 25, 2014, 10:43:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: multiple departments causing issues with assignments for operators  (Read 5331 times)
tim1965
Not too much to say...

« on: October 18, 2008, 10:06:14 PM »

OK, I have HCL set up with two departments.  I want to be able to assign operators to one department or in some cases both departments. 

The problem I have is that operators assigned to only one department are not recognized by the system and the icon on the website indicates that there are no operators available.  They are able to view who is looking at the website and track them, but not able to interact.

If I assign both departments to the operator, everything appears to work fine.

Shouldn't I be able to assign people to individual departments? After all if you end up chatting with someone from department 1 when you need to be chatting with someone from department 2 .  .  .  what is the point of offering the chat support?  Huh

What could be causing this?
Monty
HCL Regular

back up.. Back Up.. BACK UP!

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 03:15:56 AM »

I don't understand why this is happening.  I've just added an extra department and assigned my friend as the operator to duplicate your situation but everything is working fine.

Are there any conditions (server, etc) that we might need to know to fix this?

tim1965
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »

We had recently upgraded the server to PHP 5, which had caused an earlier issue with the icons displaying.  That issue was resolved with an adjustment to the PHP. ini file.

I have compared the PHP. ini file from PHP 4 and made sure that everything that can be, has been set the same as PHP 4 in the new PHP 5 . ini file.  Now the only differences in the . ini files is the new code that was added in Version 5 and some code that was droped from Version 4.  I am far from being an expert on this stuff, but I don't see anything in the . ini file causing this.  If the . ini file is at fault, I would think that everyone would not be rocognized .  .  .  regardless of assignments.

I don't understand why a person can be assigned both departments and have everything work fine; but be assigned only one department and have problems.  They are able to track users on the website while logged in on only one department, but they are unable to establish a connection and be viewed by the user for chat support.
Monty
HCL Regular

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 03:50:29 PM »

I upgraded my server a while back to php5 without issue.  I'm sorry I can't help.

tim1965
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 03:55:24 PM »

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: