Help Center Live Community
July 10, 2014, 11:53:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: changing sounds that play  (Read 8195 times)
phpfixer
« on: July 23, 2007, 04:55:32 PM »

We'd like to change the sounds that play in the Bliss theme. Is there some easy way to convert from using the standard .mp3's to our own (which are .wav files) ? Yes we are familiar with smarty- but I also noticed a few places that ding.mp3 is hard coded in - hoping you can point us to the files that need to be altered so that we can use our own preferred sound files. Smiley

Future versions: Will this be a configurable option? It would be nice to have - one of our techs has always had trouble getting .mp3 to play on his machine, but .wav works fine, (and I, myself, being deaf, I simply set aliases to send .wav to osd_cat for a visual alert, however I had to change my symlink for gmplayer entirely so that the .mp3's would trigger it correctly.. not a big problem - since they all "sound" the same to me LOL!) but the option to drop in a custom set of sounds and configure them for use would be very nice to have in the future..

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 06:11:52 PM »

Version 3 this will be configurable.  I did a search for any mp3, and here are the files affected:

/class/js/chat.php(2)
/class/js/normal/chat.php(2)
/templates/*/monitor_content.tpl(2)

BTW, check out Eclipse PDT, lets you search the whole source tree, and cross platform to boot... Smiley

how may I help you today?
phpfixer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 06:55:07 PM »

Yep. I found all but the "normal" diretcory path - its working well so far - simple change to do.

I do most development work commandline on a linux machine, only editor I use is KDEvelop Assistant , other than that, CVS, text searching (grep and grep -r) and MySQL operations I do them all command line Smiley

Thanks for the files list - that helps a ton.

just one more to edit then and we're good to go.

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 10:34:59 PM »

Ah in that case:

Code:
~# grep mp3 *

is your friend.. hehehehe

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: