Help Center Live Community
April 25, 2014, 10:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to this  (Read 9535 times)
PKPrague
Not too much to say...

« on: August 20, 2007, 01:42:27 PM »

I am new to this, so plz dont attack me :}

Is it possible to add the code generated to my phpbb? If so, where...after the closing ? .......?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 08:03:47 PM »

On phpBB, you would most likely add it to your template code.  I myself am not positive where would be the best place, as I don't use phpBB.

how may I help you today?
AMateos
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 12:09:42 AM »

Hi,
It depends of where you want to place it.

Can you tell us where you wanna place it?

Sotem.es - Spanish hosting with MSN Support
PKPrague
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 05:27:41 PM »

Thank you both for replying, really.

I guess, since my forum is small and only for family, and not being sure how it works, i.e. is it always open, or can a button be added to make it open? I guess down low...by the who is logged in stuff?

Actually, maybe you can advise me. I see that it has a chat function, and that is really what I am looking for. I found a free Ajax chat, but the install looks to be a bitch, and this HCL I can install via fantastico...am I barking up the wrong tree?

Txs very much, I am a newbee :{
AMateos
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 06:08:42 PM »

Hi, i think this isn't the correct script to do that, but you can try if you want.

Maybe you can install HCL and add your family like operators, then they can chat using HCL.

Sotem.es - Spanish hosting with MSN Support
PKPrague
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 07:10:05 PM »

Hi, Txs. I think I would like to try, for the free chat rooms are primative and hard to install.

I copy the code into a blank html doc, in body, and get a live help offline picture. If I click it, a new window opens and says there is no operator, how to change this?

If putting in the index.php file is too risky, I will just put a link to it in the forum. So, I guess I need to know how to configure it and am not finding this....appreciate your response.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »

I think HCL might be overkill, you need to define an operator and department, then you must have a browser open and monitoring live help.  Frankly there are several great scripts to achieve this and do so rather nicely for "family" chats.  The one I use for my "family" pages is x7chat works very well for me and integrated with our families portal site very easily (it's an old Xoops site that I keep meaning to Drupalize <sigh> one of these days...)

Checking their site, it integrates with phpBB 2.0.x as well as SMF Cheesy  And yes, I have considered putting it on here, however I prefer that people ask questions where things can be searched.

PKPrague
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 08:17:23 PM »

Thank you, I am investigating it now, appreciate your input
PKPrague
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »

Damn, not free :{
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 08:23:41 PM »

Actually it is, you only need to pay a fee to remove their copyright, which I find rather reasonable.  The LE edition is a hosted solution, so you're basically paying for their hosting.  However in a semi-private setting I doubt you would cause much load, and the copyright wouldn't be as obtrusive.

PKPrague
Not too much to say...

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 08:25:40 PM »

again, thank you  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: