Help Center Live Community
July 22, 2014, 08:30:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 8022 times)
Alphaz
Not too much to say...

« on: June 03, 2008, 05:38:55 PM »

Hi, Please bear with me, I am just starting out with HCL.   I will greatly appreciate it if someone could point me to the answers to the following questions:

1.   How can I make a Canned Message automatically displayed when a chat session is first accepted?
2.   Is there a list of Canned Message freely available that I can copy from?
3.   How can I set the timestamp to GMT+8? I noticed that the transcripts timestamp differ from my system time and date. 
4.   How would I know when a visitor has come to my website? Is there some kind of automatic alert?
5.   I thought coBrowse & coForm means I am able to view in real-time, the navigation path of a visitor.   Am I mistaken?
6.   In firefox, I get a prompt stating that "Apple Quicktime" plug-in is missing.  What is it used for? Is it crucial to have the plug-in?

When testing my  HCL installation, I initiated and accepted 2 chat sessions.   I found that when I accepted the second chat session, the dialog windows for the first one got replaced by the second one.   This essentially removed the first chat session.   How can I prevent this from happening (besides rejecting the second incoming chat request). 

Thanks. 
------------
HCL Version: 2.  1.  5
Operating system: Linux
PHP version: 4.  4.  7
MySQL version: 4.  1.  22-standard-log
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 05:42:30 PM by Alphaz » Logged

------------
HCL Version: 2. 1. 5
PHP version: 4. 4. 7
MySQL version: 4. 1. 22-standard-log
Monty
HCL Regular

back up.. Back Up.. BACK UP!

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »

3.   How can I set the timestamp to GMT+8? I noticed that the transcripts timestamp differ from my system time and date.

Open config.php and about line 80 you change the timestamp.

Give me some time to get more aquainted with this project and I'll try to answer the rest of your questions.

I hope this helps, so far.

Alphaz
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 06:57:41 AM »

Quote from: Monty link=topic=507. msg2543#msg2543 date=1212513180
Quote from: Alphaz link=topic=507. msg2540#msg2540 date=1212511135
3.    How can I set the timestamp to GMT+8? I noticed that the transcripts timestamp differ from my system time and date.

Open config. php and about line 80 you change the timestamp.

Give me some time to get more aquainted with this project and I'll try to answer the rest of your questions.

I hope this helps, so far.
Thanks Monty.  Got the timestamp issue fixed  :)
Hope to hear from you soon  Wink.

------------
Monty
HCL Regular

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »

2.   Is there a list of Canned Message freely available that I can copy from?

No there isn't but you can add you own canned responses in Admin -> Canned Messages -> Add

4.   How would I know when a visitor has come to my website? Is there some kind of automatic alert?

Yes.  There are different alerts for different functions.  You hear different sounds depending on what has happened, ie: a visitor has entered your website, a visitor has entered a hotpage, a visitor has requested a chat session, etc.

5.   I thought coBrowse & coForm means I am able to view in real-time, the navigation path of a visitor.   Am I mistaken?

If you're mistaken, then I am too.

Questions 1, 6 & your end comment have still to be investigated.  I'll update when I know more.
Hope this helps.

Monty
HCL Regular

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »

6.   In firefox, I get a prompt stating that "Apple Quicktime" plug-in is missing.  What is it used for? Is it crucial to have the plug-in?

This plug-in is required (i have been reliably informed) to enable operators to hear alerts.

When testing my  HCL installation, I initiated and accepted 2 chat sessions.   I found that when I accepted the second chat session, the dialog windows for the first one got replaced by the second one.   This essentially removed the first chat session.   How can I prevent this from happening (besides rejecting the second incoming chat request). 

Unfortuneately this is a bug.  As the new release is only about a month away, I doubt anyone will be willing to offer a fix.  After chatting with HCL Admin, I get the impression that this bug has been fixed due to the new features offered to admin users.  I also believe that question 1 is addressed in the next release.

I hope my digging around has helped.

Alphaz
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 09:20:47 PM »

Thanks once again Monty, for sharing your findings Wink

Do you by any chance know the official release date for the new version?

------------
Monty
HCL Regular

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 10:14:06 PM »

Do you by any chance know the official release date for the new version?

I'm told the new release is only about a month away.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: