Help Center Live Community
July 22, 2014, 08:30:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Features Request  (Read 6777 times)
isis
Not too much to say...

« on: June 20, 2007, 10:30:28 AM »

Hello.

I have been using HCL for about a year now and am very impressed with it. It is the only PHP opensource simple, easy to use and effective support system that intergrates support tickets and on-line chat that I am aware of. Keep up the good work.

I have a couple of feature requests that I think would be very useful...

1) My support department monitors the Trouble Tickets page every day and we use the Opera browser to operate HCL so that if IE crashes it doesn't take HCL with it and Opera has an auto refresh option which we set to 5 minutes so that new tickets are automatically displayed when the page refreshes.

I would like to see an option within the Ticket module of HCL to automatically refresh the page every x amount of time and to have some sort of audible, and possibly visual, alert when a new ticket has been submitted.

2) I believe that a Knowledge Base section or module in HCL would be a very welcome addition. This could be used for internal usage to assist the support staff with common teck issues and resolutions.

3) A method to backup the settings (Operators, assignments and etc) and all content data (tickets, current and old, transcripts and etc).

Thanks.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 01:17:22 PM »

Those are all great suggestions!  With the new emphesis on modularity, all of those are modules. Smiley  You'll be happy to know that the trouble tickets are about to receive their first upgrade.  Because osTicket is now defunct, we're upgrading the tickets to eTicket (it's successor, same interface)

The refresh can be accomplished by editing the mod_osTicket.php in your themes, either put a meta refresh, or a java refresh in there.

There are plans for a settings module.  This module would backup the HCL database as well as allow you to edit the settings for the program without ftp or shell access (say a staff member).

I'm hoping that someone builds a database module for HCL.  I use knowledgebase builder, so that would be my favorite.  Maybe after some of the core features are finished up I may work on it.

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: