Help Center Live Community
April 21, 2014, 08:28:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One HCL for different domains?  (Read 14146 times)
lpenados
Not too much to say...

« on: July 26, 2007, 12:05:18 AM »

Hi.  I want to have one installation of HCL to chat with visitors from several domains.

I included the jscript include code (include.php) and the 'initiate' <div> in each website.  When the user requests a chat it works fine, but when an operator tries to initiate a chat the user gets no notification, e.g. this.check is not working.  When I try this in my localhost everything works fine.

I think the problem is having it in different domains since xmlhttprequest tries to connect to the domain where the visitor is at.

Am I right?  Is it possible to have one chat for many domains?  How?

Please help!  Thanks.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 06:24:34 AM »

I have no problem running across multiple domains, however I notice there is lag in the initiate chat portion (we rarely use it anymore).  That section needs some attention, as there is some blocking of the proper codes that needs to be tracked down.  In the past we've raised the timeout to some effect, so I believe you may be running into the same issue.

One problem I've had is differentiating which site a chatter is coming in on, however you can modify the templates to show the "department" that the chatter clicked on.

how may I help you today?
lpenados
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 06:35:42 PM »

Here's what I'm trying now...

I made a little page in my "host site" with the jscript-include.php and the 'initiate' div.  If I run this page and the operator tries to initiate a chat everything works fine, the guest gets the chat invitation. 

Now I include this file through an iFrame in my "guest site".  The operator sees it and tries to initiate but nothing happens.  It worked once and then never again. Weird.  I'm guessing it has to do with the timeouts like you pointed out.

Which timeout do you think should I raise/lower then or how can I fix this??  Thanks for your help!
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 07:47:25 PM »

Ah, try dropping the code into the actual site (use an include if it's PHP) rather then an iframe.  Iframes have several issues, and it probably is hiding the initiate graphic.

lpenados
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 08:52:59 PM »

The graphic isn't hidding.  If I erase the "visibility:hidden" on it's style the graphic shows fine.  I even put an "alert('helo')" on the code launch() so when it woks it alerts me.  It still doesn't work :S

I really don't know what else to try.  Thanks for your help.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 12:36:57 AM »

PM the URL to me, and I'll see what  I can find out.

troyd1
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 05:36:28 PM »

I am having similar issues. It also does not update the who's online properly and the status of operators online/offline. The problem seems to be that the install of hcl is on one domain and the ajax code points to that domain. Ajax *WILL NOT* allow calls to another domain name. From what I read, even subdomains are considered other domains, but they seem to work for me. Any comments would be appreciated.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 05:45:15 PM »

That's very strange since I use the same HCL install for 15 different sites.  However all 15 are on the same server, so I'm wondering if that's the issue. 

BTW, it's actually not quite AJAX, although it's very AJAX like. Smiley  It uses a custom library.  However Java itself has various security features that may be bumping this in the bottom.

troyd1
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 06:17:24 PM »

I retested and that is exactly what it is doing. If it is the same domain or subdomain, it will work fine, but if it is another domain (I have them all on the same server and IP) it will load correctly, but will not show any offline if I take the operator offline. It also will bring to the no no operators available window if I try to chat.
I thought a work around would be to install hcl in the directory of the webserver and change the insert code to point to that install, but if the operator is not on that domain, it shows up on the operators console, but shows offline on the webpage and does not acknoledge the operator.
I actually expected this to work as the info is all in the same database, but it must some how look by the calling domain.
troyd1
Not too much to say...

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 06:21:20 PM »

I have an idea on an easyway to check if it is a browser problem. Does anyone know how to track the calls from the browser, or the incoming calls to php? I have w2003 and iis6 with latest php.
troyd1
Not too much to say...

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 06:38:22 PM »

I also tested firefox and it does the same thing. I think it is something on the server side as firefox show it calling the server on the bottom unless it is showig it and blocking it.
troyd1
Not too much to say...

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 10:40:32 PM »

Any ideas on this?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 04:21:20 AM »

How is PHP installed?  It can really make a difference.

troyd1
Not too much to say...

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 03:45:31 PM »

Not sure what you mean by how is php installed. I have not used it much so I just followed the directions. Are there some specific settings in the php.ini that I should be concerned about? I have verfied safe mode is off. I tried to post my php.ini, but it was too large.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 06:28:40 PM »

Actually, on Windows IIS, there a couple of different ways to install PHP, Belite is the resident IIS guy, and he could probably tell the pros and cons of each way better then I ever could (I've given up on Vista, and am once again 95% tux powered...  We have one Win2K machine for testing things.)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: