Help Center Live Community
July 24, 2014, 01:16:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: osTicket  (Read 19347 times)
DeadBeet
Not too much to say...

« on: July 04, 2007, 08:50:40 PM »

When I login to admin and I go to osTicket, it asks me to login, and I login with my account details and it says invalid name and or password.  I change the password in the DB with an MD5 encryption and it still doesn't work.  What should I do?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 08:56:21 PM »

osTicket is no longer supported nor recommended.  If you using a version that contains osTicket, you really should upgrade.

how may I help you today?
DeadBeet
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 09:18:23 PM »

lol ok, cpanel should upgrade :O:)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 09:37:46 PM »

yeah, the release was last night, so may take them a few days.  Nice part is the upgrade isn't too bad, if you wish to do it yourself.

DeadBeet
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 10:30:59 PM »

awesome, thanks!:)
adriscoll
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:49:47 AM »

gents,

a bit of a newbie to HCL, but the version I downloaded through cpanel last week contains an osTicket section.  of which, i have been pumping tons of tickets through.

am i correct in reading this, that i should not use osTicket?  what is recommended? and does a better version (which) contian a ticketing system?

thank you in advance.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 06:07:32 AM »

I can't give you a release date for hclTicket, which is a specially modified version of eTicket, the successor to osTicket (wow, that's getting convoluted!) However it is coming.  If you have a version with osTicket, at the very least grab the current hotfix from the portal site and install it.  It won't fix osTicket, however I can almost guarantee there is a security issue with your HCL install.

osTicket died quite a while ago, and was forked into eTicket, which is considerably better, however when it was forked, it broke compatibility with HCL, thus the need for a specific fork to HCL.  Actually, once 3.0.0 of HCL is released, I'll probably focus on hclTicket and hclKB for a little while, kind of a vacation you might say. Smiley

swishe
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 03:23:26 AM »

I am new to Help Center Live.  I love your software.  It's great.

I kind of figured out the whole situation with osTicket and Help Center Live.  I am happy with the main software, obviously, but there is no way for users to get copies of their chat transcripts right now and no off line ticketing.

So, I did download and install osTicket.  I am wondering, how do I get the two of them to communicate?  I know osTicket is no longer recommended, but could you at least help me to get these two to communicate while I am waiting on the next major release of Help Center Live, with hclTicket?
swishe
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 03:53:12 AM »

I don't even see any modules listed in my modules.
swishe
Not too much to say...

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 04:34:59 AM »

How do I at least get the transcripts of the chats to e-mail to the user?  This doesn't seem to be working at all.  ...Also, I wish once the user submitted the form (where they put their e-mail address, rate the chat and make a comment), that it would redirect to another page.  It doesn't make sense that they can submit it again.
swishe
Not too much to say...

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 05:35:06 AM »

I see an e-mail being sent to the chat software administrator's e-mail address, but not to the user who requested the support.  (I am testing things out, with my own addresses, so that's how I know.)
swishe
Not too much to say...

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 05:36:10 AM »

And the e-mail that the administrator got was the comment that was left in the form, but the transcript of the chat was not sent to the user.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 02:29:34 PM »

I'll add the e-mail issue to the long list of stuff to check out this week.  We've had mail issues in the past, just to verify, your using 2.1.5 correct?

swishe
Not too much to say...

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 03:45:16 PM »

I'll add the e-mail issue to the long list of stuff to check out this week.  We've had mail issues in the past, just to verify, your using 2.1.5 correct?

Yes, mlzhosting, I am using 2.1.5.  Thanks for your response.  I look forward to a resolution on this.  I Help Center Live is amazing and I am eager to see all of the advancements that will be made soon.
swishe
Not too much to say...

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »

I know your main focus is on 3.0 and this is good.  But, I am hoping for a ticket system fix ASAP, while we are all still on the current version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: