Help Center Live Community
April 23, 2014, 10:57:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polling Method  (Read 4530 times)
umbra
Not too much to say...

« on: September 10, 2007, 01:53:10 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have been using HCL since 2.1.3, and it?s really a great actually. But I want to know something about an issue i want to change. It seems that when there are several operators waiting for a chat request, and the chat request passes on the next operator the request for chat on the first one (the request box), is not removed.

In some way i would like this, not to happen, when an operator attend a chat request. It would be great that when the request is passes to another operator once the chat request is attended by any operator, the chat request to the other operators is removed, to prevent multiple operators to accept the same chat request.

Sorry for my English, thank you very much.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 02:34:13 PM »

Your English is fine! Smiley  That's something that is being looked at for version 3.0.0.  I can't give a release date (I have no clue at this point) however it should only be a few months away. 

how may I help you today?
umbra
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 04:59:53 PM »

Ok, i?ll wait fot HCl 3.0.0.

But at least i would like to know some information in order to try to modify this issue and do it by myself. Is there any documentation or extra info about how to modifiy this section of the code?
It would be great for me, because i?m in a hurry and i need to do several modification over the functionality of the system of HCL... at least i would like to try something else.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 06:17:26 PM »

Herein lies the problem.  Currently, the code that handles this is spread out from several files.  The main one being the monitor.php in the /class directory.  My thought on the matter is to output to the operator (the one that missed the chat) something to the effect of chat missed or chat transfered, and turn off the link to accept chat.  This would accomplish what you desire, force a status change, and also inform the operator that they missed the chat.

Also note that if you change this file, you'll have to track any changes to the system with future releases (which hopefully will be few before version 3 is released).  That is the one problem with hacking the existing core of the system.  On the other hand, if you get something workable we are willing to import code into the base system, so if you can find a good way to do this without causing grief for others, it could become part of the standard code.

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: