Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: mattperry on June 01, 2009, 05:44:43 PM

Title: Getting 404 errors after .htaccess update
Post by: mattperry on June 01, 2009, 05:44:43 PM
I have a website, in which hcl is installed in a subdirectory. . . (ie hxxp: mysite. com/hcl/). . . however due to security issues I needed to add redirect into my . htaccess file under my main domain (ie hxxp: mysite. com/) so that when people type in "hxxp: mysite. com" it actually goes to "hxxp: mysite. com/main/"

This has caused an issue with reaching my "hxxp: mysite. com/hcl/" folder as it actually redirects to "hxxp: mysite. com/main/hcl" instead

I have a subdomain setup (hcl. mysite. com) that points to "hxxp: mysite. com/hcl/" however something within help center live redirects it to "hxxp: mysite. com/main/hcl" instead

(as a side note, I have setup subdomains for all my other projects, blogs using wordpress/joomla, in this same manner and they all work except for help center live)

any ideas?

Title: Re: Getting 404 errors after .htaccess update
Post by: SpenserJ on June 02, 2009, 02:23:02 AM
My guess is that when you installed help center live, you either set the website path (can't remember if this is an option), or it needs to be manually configured in the config.php file. I know it is an option in there, so just modify the file manually and you should be good to go.

Spenser