Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: lukeslytalker on June 03, 2009, 07:57:59 PM

Title: Operator message not sending to user
Post by: lukeslytalker on June 03, 2009, 07:57:59 PM
I feel like I'm pretty close.  I get the notification.  The sounds are working.  The username is sent.  I can accept the chat, but when I try to send a message nothing happens on the user side.  It's not sending a message.  All it says on the user side is, Please wait while we connect to you.       

For some reason I was unable to post this image.
hxxp: www. cditech. com/images/test. png

Title: Re: Operator message not sending to user
Post by: SpenserJ on June 03, 2009, 08:35:20 PM
What operating system and browsers are you using for both client and operator?

Spenser

Post by: lukeslytalker on June 04, 2009, 07:00:40 PM
I'm running Win XP and have tried it in Firefox, IE & Google Chrome. 

Maybe I should explain my problem a little better.  I'm seeing the request to connect on my side and I can accept the user into chat, but when I send a message to the user nothing happens.  It still says, "Please wait while we connect you ".

Post by: SpenserJ on June 04, 2009, 09:03:02 PM
Is the user using the same operating system and browser (is it a real user? or are you testing things still?). And have you applied the firefox patch?

Spenser

Post by: lukeslytalker on June 04, 2009, 09:37:47 PM
The user is a guy in the office next to mine.  He's running XP as well and we've both tried IE, FF & Google Chrome.  And yes I did install the Firefox patch.

Post by: lukeslytalker on June 05, 2009, 03:23:04 PM
 :) WooHoo!!! Got it working.  I completely reinstalled HCL and updated the Firefox fix again.  I must've missed something along the way because it's running like a champ now! Cool script.  I'm going to have to get this running on some of my other sites now.

Post by: SpenserJ on June 05, 2009, 08:13:15 PM
Good to hear. Sometimes a reinstall is the best option. One wrong key and it can break everything :P

Post by: lukeslytalker on June 05, 2009, 09:30:50 PM
Yeah I'm sure it was just something simple that got over looked.  Works great! Now I just need to do some multi- user testing.  Interested to see how well this works with multiple operators and users.