Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: Natkeeran on October 14, 2009, 03:50:22 PM

Title: Please wait while we connect you does not go pass this stage
Post by: Natkeeran on October 14, 2009, 03:50:22 PM
Hello All:

I installed the helpdesk as per instructions.   It shows that support person is online, but does not go to the chat screen.   It stalls saying: Please wait while we connect you. . .

I did provide a correct SMTP account.

Any help appreciated.   Thanks.

Natkeeran

Title: I have the same problem
Post by: tupp on October 18, 2009, 02:19:14 AM
I have the same problem. . . I hope someone can answer your question

Title: Re: Please wait while we connect you does not go pass this stage
Post by: thetao on October 22, 2009, 04:53:42 PM
I have been testing HCL for the last couple days, and while I've never seen the browser die on the "Please wait while we connect you.  .  . " page (if the chat doesn't go through, it eventually refreshes to the "no operators are available" message), I may have just discovered a related bug.

Setting the $conf['url'] variable in the config. php file to an absolute url (ie.  hxxp: www. foo. com/hcl vs.  the default relative url /hcl) seems to cause chat connections to never go through, and result in the "not available" message above.   Unfortunately, doing this then causes some minor features to fail, such as the graphic link in the email, if the customer chooses to send themselves a transcript.   I just worked around this by adding a new variable to config. php, which I called $conf['fullurl'], and which I then changed in email_transcript. tpl, in both of the templates directories.

Hope that helps somebody.

Still trying to get my Icons interface working properly. . . .  :(