Help Center Live Community

Development => Themes => Topic started by: irperera on July 13, 2007, 07:48:51 PM

Title: NEED THEME DOCUMENTATIONs
Post by: irperera on July 13, 2007, 07:48:51 PM
Hey guys;

i want to know how to go about styling and skinning HCL

thanks
irperera

Title: Re: NEED THEME DOCUMENTATIONs
Post by: HCL Admin on July 14, 2007, 05:42:54 AM
If your familure with Smarty templates, http://smarty.php.net then you should have no problem with theming in HCL, as we use the Smarty system.  Version 3.0.0 will be adding more features for theme artists, and we really need everyones feedback on how we can enhance themes.

Post by: ancer on July 18, 2007, 04:38:59 AM
I have started the process of writing the theme documentation.... *Sigh*

Documentation is always important, but its such a drag :P

I cant give an exact date of completion, but I aim for about the two week mark... I know, I know... its ages away... but there is alot to take on, and I only write documentation at night when I am doing my ambulance night shift.

So as long as people stop hurting themselves all the time, I will be able to complete this task quicker :)
~Ciao for now

Post by: HCL Admin on July 18, 2007, 08:24:33 AM
I have started the process of writing the theme documentation.... *Sigh*

Documentation is always important, but its such a drag :P

I cant give an exact date of completion, but I aim for about the two week mark... I know, I know... its ages away... but there is alot to take on, and I only write documentation at night when I am doing my ambulance night shift.

So as long as people stop hurting themselves all the time, I will be able to complete this task quicker :)
~Ciao for now

If you like, start a post or series of posts, and put up documentation as you go, then we can copy and paste it into the install handbook in the portal portion of the site.  That way others can comment, make suggestions, etc.

So now we have a paramedic to go with the fireman... :)  I honestly don't approve developers based on emergency services backgrounds.  Of course many times people with those backgrounds have a spirit of giving. :)