Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: lukeslytalker on November 10, 2009, 04:10:05 PM

Title: Live chat appears offline when operator is signed in?
Post by: lukeslytalker on November 10, 2009, 04:10:05 PM
Hi Folks,

This is I believe the fourth time I've installed HCL and I seem to always run into some issues after the initial install.   I can see from the operator side when someone is on my test page with my live chat graphic, but I'm having the following problems. 

1.   My live chat graphic still says offline when my help center status is ONLINE. 
2.   When I try to start Operator Chat I get the error, "error", pop up in the chat window.  

I've been bouncing around the forums and have tried all of SpencerJ's tips on, "List of fixes for Help Center Live 2",but still no luck.   Is there anything else I can try before a complete reinstall? I have HCL running on 2 sites currently.   Once I did the Firefox fix it seemed to clear up issues for both.  Lil help?

Title: Re: Live chat appears offline when operator is signed in?
Post by: thetao on November 10, 2009, 06:46:07 PM
I'm not sure a reinstall is going to help.  I've seen this issue myself, but it didn't start until a few days into our first tests.  The first couple users I set up worked perfectly.  But later users saw this, and it's happened for every user since, with every new install.  The fix is simple: toggle your online/offline status once in the "Live Help" window, ie. click the Lightning Bolt icon.  (From this, I'm guessing it's coming from an initial setting in the database.)  Unfortunately, the Lightning Bolt icon and the Music icon are also broken in 2.1.7.  I manged a fix here, but it's a true hack, very crude and using hard-coded paths to the two images.  I am not in a position to spend any more time with HCL, as we'll be using a more reliable chat system instead.  But if you like, I can give you a few pointers after hours.

Todd

Title: Re: Live chat appears offline when operator is signed in?
Post by: mjclementz on November 14, 2009, 12:02:38 AM
Is this what you're after? Seems similar but I haven't experienced the issue myself.

Hi,

I thought i'd like share this with everyone since I can't seem to find a fix on the forum itself.

Very easy fix, if most of you notice the html code that is on the main page works fine, but once generated HTML code, it doesnt work?

On the HTML code, the line "hxxp: website/live/icon.  php"

Change to: "hxxp: website/live/icon.  php?departmentid=" (please note: do not put a departmentid in!)

Then your online/offline icon will magically work :)

Regards,

Hoi