Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: matt on August 24, 2007, 12:38:05 PM

Title: Can all operators receive a chat request rather than being polled?
Post by: matt on August 24, 2007, 12:38:05 PM
Hi

Another post i'm afriad. I had been testing on a local machine so was only able to log one operator on at a time. However the company wishes to have the chat request come up on everyones screens incase people aren't at their computers etc. I have discovered the poll.php file and realise that the load_balanced case statment just leads to following the default statement. Is there a simple way to get every operator to receive the chat request at the same time? I tried breaking the load_balanced statment in the hope that bypassing the default statment would do the trick but sadly not, it just ended up no one receiving the cat request.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on the idea.

Title: Re: Can all operators receive a chat request rather than being polled?
Post by: HCL Admin on August 24, 2007, 04:05:33 PM
Basically, it offers the chat to each operator in turn, set by the preferences you assign when you assign the operator to the department.  The reason is two fold, to balance operator work load, and because if they both answer the chat at the same time, it can be very confusing for the visitor.  If you like, you can play with the timer for how long it waits at each operator.

The system basically works like a call center phone system, where it assigns the call the best operator and if they do not answer, passes it on to the next. 

Title: Re: Can all operators receive a chat request rather than being polled?
Post by: Ronan071 on April 07, 2009, 04:50:51 AM
hi guys,
your problem is familiar . . . . . . i remember now this is the problem that my friend solve and give suggestion to a person but sadly he is not here i'll post again and inform you. .
Regards,