Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: toothpick on August 29, 2007, 10:42:06 PM

Title: Chat not working correctly?
Post by: toothpick on August 29, 2007, 10:42:06 PM
Its HCL version 2.1.4 (will upgrade soon) and hosted on our GoDaddy Linux account. I use IE7 on my end. It seems to work correctly in every way except one, MAJOR issue. I am using it on all of our eBay ads and I get chat requests all the time. I always instantly click accept and the chat session window opens and says I am chatting with whoever. I say Hello, there is NEVER a response. Eventually it says the customer closed the window. I will then get an email from that user indicating HCL sent them to the email form instead of starting the chat. I had a friend try to start a chat and the same thing happened the first time. But on her next try it worked, and continued to work each and every time after that for her. Yet while I was chatting with her I got another chat request from a customer and, same thing, customer never showed up in chat.

I have had about 100 chat requests from customers so far and NOT A SINGLE ONE has worked on the first try... Any ideas?

Title: Re: Chat not working correctly?
Post by: HCL Admin on August 30, 2007, 02:29:43 AM
Is there anyway you can try FireFox (not saying it's better, but there different behaviours with each and it may help narrow down what's going on.

Title: Hi
Post by: ebayseller123 on March 16, 2008, 05:31:13 PM
Its HCL version 2.1.4 (will upgrade soon) and hosted on our GoDaddy Linux account. I use IE7 on my end. It seems to work correctly in every way except one, MAJOR issue. I am using it on all of our eBay ads and I get chat requests all the time. I always instantly click accept and the chat session window opens and says I am chatting with whoever. I say Hello, there is NEVER a response. Eventually it says the customer closed the window. I will then get an email from that user indicating HCL sent them to the email form instead of starting the chat. I had a friend try to start a chat and the same thing happened the first time. But on her next try it worked, and continued to work each and every time after that for her. Yet while I was chatting with her I got another chat request from a customer and, same thing, customer never showed up in chat.

I have had about 100 chat requests from customers so far and NOT A SINGLE ONE has worked on the first try... Any ideas?

Like the post and I agree with most everything said here, but there are still a few things I don't understand. Could someone Please post some mor information here so this country boy can learn more.   Thanks