Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: Bob Kelly on September 27, 2007, 06:00:57 PM

Title: Forgotten Password
Post by: Bob Kelly on September 27, 2007, 06:00:57 PM
As the administrator of HCL, I have not used HCL in a while and as a result, have forgotten my password. Does anybody know how I can retrieve it?

PriorList

Title: Re: Forgotten Password
Post by: HCL Admin on September 28, 2007, 02:18:04 AM
This was answered here (http://www.helpcenterlive.com/smf/index.php/topic,238.0.html) :)

Post by: TerryFletcher on September 29, 2007, 03:02:48 AM
I have used my host's script to install HCL and now it keeps asking me for my User name and password. Neither of these are known to me and they are not my logins used to access my host. The message says "Enter user name and password for "Protected area". Any suggestions?

Post by: HCL Admin on September 29, 2007, 04:14:51 PM
Contact your host and find out what the script sets them to.  Is this a cPanel system or ???

Post by: TerryFletcher on October 02, 2007, 08:32:44 PM
That's the problem. My password and username work for everything else.
It's not a c-panel system.
I can ftp into the hcl directory and see everything there. Is the password stored in there somewhere?

Post by: HCL Admin on October 03, 2007, 11:35:42 PM
No, the password is stored in the database, if you locate the admin operator, you can use phpMyAdmin to set the password using the md5 filter.

Post by: TerryFletcher on October 16, 2007, 08:28:01 PM
Had to uninstall it. Can't get anything to work or even open. Disappointing as I could really use this system.

Post by: victor on October 16, 2007, 08:33:55 PM
do you have access to database administration?