Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: kevinvanw on January 14, 2008, 04:59:28 PM

Title: sql error
Post by: kevinvanw on January 14, 2008, 04:59:28 PM
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'picture`=" " WHERE `id`="1"' at line 1

UPDATE `hcl_operators` SET `firstname`="Default", `lastname`="User", `email`="admin@example.com", `autosave`="1", `showpic`="1" `picture`=" " WHERE `id`="1"

how do i solve this? im using v.5

Title: Re: sql error
Post by: victor on January 16, 2008, 06:21:34 PM
check your username, password and username permissions to update th database

Post by: Gigo on July 18, 2008, 10:57:50 AM
Nop.  I have problem too.  Problem is in SQL syntax.  Missing comma in SQL syntax before picture.
Syntax is

Code:
UPDATE `hcl_operators` SET `firstname`="Default", `lastname`="User", `email`="admin@example.com", `autosave`="1", `showpic`="1" `picture`=" " WHERE `id`="1"
instead
Code:
UPDATE `hcl_operators` SET `firstname`="Default", `lastname`="User", `email`="admin@example.com", `autosave`="1", `showpic`="1", `picture`=" " WHERE `id`="1"

Post by: sitiseo on July 31, 2008, 12:13:06 PM
I have the same problem .  .  . 
Help please .  .  . 
Thank's  ;)

Edit: Ok, I resolved, not wrote the password

Post by: surG on August 26, 2008, 02:54:24 PM
kevinvanw May be i'm too late to reply. .  but i guess it'll help you (or anybody that's stuck in this problem )

hxxp: www. helpcenterlive. com/smf/mysql_syntax_error_in_downloaded_code-t321. 0. html

This post says. . .

Quote from: quakerc
There is a small error, a missing comma, in line 286 of . . . /class/operator. php which is enough to cause MySQL to fail when trying to update operator details.   The comma should come between the showpic item and the picture item.   
It's simple to fix if you have access to the  code but this is not always the case with users who are using code installed by a hosting company for them. 
QuakerC :)