Help Center Live Community

General => Web Site Discussion => Topic started by: ChrisR on June 08, 2008, 09:56:08 AM

Title: new forum software???
Post by: ChrisR on June 08, 2008, 09:56:08 AM
I think smf is old school i think it would be nice if you think about moving over to mybboard (http://mybboard.net/downloads/merge-system) or some thing

Title: Re: new forum software???
Post by: AirAsheville on June 14, 2008, 12:04:33 AM
In my opinion, the only freeware forums that is worth using is phpBB.  It's awesome and it looks cool too.

Post by: HCL Admin on June 17, 2008, 12:21:45 AM
I like SMF.. got a ton of plugins and is actively maintained..

Post by: WiFiTech on August 07, 2008, 09:03:03 PM
I think forums are old school.  Everyone should have a Voip/camera phone with conversation record so that it can be played back on my home theatre when I need to be entertained.  There should be scantily clad women that run around and feed me grapes.  (ladies, substitute your own preferred delusions).  But seriously, I am not able to get a preview of my posts, it just says fetching preview.  However, as you can tell by reading this the "POST" button works fine.

Post by: Monty on October 07, 2008, 06:17:49 PM
Shall we end this discussion right here?

This is hardly a constructive topic for HCL.  If the owners are happy to have an SMF forum, who are we to argue?

Post by: Mike on October 09, 2008, 04:39:27 PM
I like the grapes suggestion LOLOLOL!!!

I was moving towards a 'Women of Help Center Live' Calendar. .  but the grape thing was perfect.

Post by: Monty on October 09, 2008, 04:44:14 PM
I like the grapes suggestion LOLOLOL!!!

Why doesn't that surprise me?  lol
I was moving towards a 'Women of Help Center Live' Calendar

Count me OUT!!  lol

Post by: MoneyTopList on November 19, 2009, 01:55:49 PM
Regarding the experience with phpBB -- I use the latest version of the phpBB2 which should be stable.  I used it for many months without problems on 2 domains but today I found out that one of these forums was hacked.  So I am thinking about using paid forum script.