Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: wilson98 on June 20, 2008, 04:17:21 PM

Title: can't log in system after fresh installation
Post by: wilson98 on June 20, 2008, 04:17:21 PM
hi, guys.  i just installed the latest version of hcl on my virtual host.  the installation is ok, but after installed, i can't log in to the admin panel.  i've removed the setup directory.  the situation is that when i typed admin and admin for the initial username and password and click submit button, the page got refreshed and the textfield of username and passwod became blank, no message displayed.  tried it in ie6 and firefox, and the session. auto_start has been set on.  anyone can help? thanks.

Title: Re: can't log in system after fresh installation
Post by: Destro on June 23, 2008, 04:39:29 PM
Hello,

I think you have the same error as: http://www.helpcenterlive.com/smf/ie7_and_hcl_problem-t359.0.html
Please try the solution I posted there, and if you can't figure it out, or it still doesn't work, don't hestitate to reply ;)

Destro

Post by: abc on June 25, 2008, 10:42:03 PM
Hi, I am having the same issue as above on my localhost(Version 2. 1. 5), I have tried the above link and set levels but still even with trusted sites and allow all cookies I still cannot login to admin with admin - admin.  The database looks OK with one user admin with encrypted password.  Any Ideas?
Thanks

Post by: abc on June 26, 2008, 09:24:48 PM
OK I have been doing a little research, and I feel I know what the problem is, as I have loaded this on to my localhost and trying to run on my localhost it is not recording session cookie correctly as it is collecting the hosts file and not from DNS, is there a way around this?

Post by: Destro on June 27, 2008, 08:43:43 PM
That shouldn't be any problem, since I also run HCL 2.1.5 on my localhost ;)
Just add your server as a trusted one, so it may save cookies.