Help Center Live Community

Support => Tips and Tricks => Topic started by: happybattles on February 05, 2009, 01:10:45 AM

Title: Firefox 3.0.6 killed this!
Post by: happybattles on February 05, 2009, 01:10:45 AM
Is there a simple core mod I can do to get around whatever "security fix" firefox 3. 0. 6 implemented?  This sux!  It worked for one day.   I uninstalled 3. 0. 6 and installed 3. 0. 5 and blocked updates and it works fine - but everyone who wants to use 3. 0. 6 won't be able to connect and I look like an idiot.

Any idea?

Title: Re: Firefox 3.0.6 killed this!
Post by: happybattles on February 05, 2009, 02:06:20 AM
Firefox says that this may have happened:

Help Center Live must be using a Cross Documentation Action that is now forbidden.

Hopefully version 3 will fix this!  We need a fix!

Post by: sackling on February 05, 2009, 02:43:34 PM
killed it for me too! Hopefully there will be a fix soon?

Post by: fdrago2 on February 05, 2009, 02:47:06 PM
Killed it for me too!!! ???

Post by: rafaneo on February 05, 2009, 09:26:21 PM
I have the same problem. 
In firefox 3. 0. 6 the chat dont starts. . 

Anybody have the solution?
I installed Help center live 3. 0 with G template and no one modification.

Thanks for all and sorry for my bad english.

Post by: Rayezra on February 07, 2009, 05:16:33 AM
Wow Help Live has become unusable since it does not work and I have grown to rely on this as a big part of my website.   :'(

I guess I will have to find an alternative, unless someone figures this out I am going to drop it in a couple of days.

My clients have used the automatic update for their firefox and I can not ask for them to not update their browsers.

Bummer, once I change I will not be back as I would have moved to a pay system. . .

Release Live Help 3 and I will give you the money instead.

Post by: lvalics on February 07, 2009, 09:34:42 AM
I tested today with Firefox 3.0.6 ann WinApp and all is working fine.

Post by: Rayezra on February 07, 2009, 08:41:18 PM
No problems? :-\

Humm on my system the client side continues to see:

"Please wait while we connect you"

Even when I have accepted the chat request.

I have tested on 2 systems and will test more this weekend.

I hope it is no problem.

Post by: lvalics on February 07, 2009, 09:47:18 PM
My fault, indeed, it is happening.

Post by: Jammer400 on February 08, 2009, 03:34:56 AM
This has been happening for most users with Firefox currently, indeed myself.  I have did some tests and found that this works with Internet Explorer.

I assume this will be fixed in version 3. 0 of Help Center Live but i am not sure, I will certainly bring it up to Jason before the release though.   ;D

Post by: Hardchor on February 09, 2009, 10:27:56 AM
This should be on top of the todo list.  Guys, please, it's absolutely crucial that this works on all browsers.  I also noticed it doesn't work anymore on the latest releases of Chrome and Opera.

Post by: lvalics on February 10, 2009, 01:50:50 PM
A very fast solution is to edit live_request.tpl and add

If you are using Firefox 3.0.6, because of a bug, the chat will not work. Please in this case, leave us a message on contact form.

We try to hunt it down, what can be done.

Post by: lvalics on February 10, 2009, 04:00:07 PM
OK, soltuion,

aadvark.php - this.fallback = false; should be this.fallback = true;

The error is at XMLHttpRequest and seems this settings is avoid it.

Post by: rafaneo on February 10, 2009, 06:21:45 PM
eeeee!!! ;D

lvalics solutioned the firefox problem. 

Thanks

Post by: sackling on February 10, 2009, 06:30:14 PM
wowee. .

What folder is aadvark. php located in?

Post by: Hardchor on February 10, 2009, 06:51:16 PM
u're awesome guys! thx u saved my day ;)

maybe it would be helpful to post the directory these files (2) can be found in:

/class/js/normal/ and
/class/js/

[corrected]

Post by: sackling on February 10, 2009, 07:24:37 PM
Thank you! Worked perfectly!

Post by: lvalics on February 10, 2009, 08:05:31 PM
Also /class/js/ there is also a file.

Post by: fdrago2 on February 10, 2009, 08:10:36 PM
Working for me, too.  But I had to make changes to class/js/aardvark. php and class/js/normal/aardvark. php

Post by: HCL Admin on February 11, 2009, 02:11:10 AM
Good work guys!

Post by: Wonzalo on February 11, 2009, 11:28:32 PM
I do not understand, I could explain that would have to do to me that the HCL works with firefox

Post by: Wonzalo on February 11, 2009, 11:43:51 PM
Ok ok ok. . . .

Change false for true on this. fallback

class/js/aardvark. php

and

class/js/normal/aardvark. php

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Post by: pgianf on February 17, 2009, 06:50:14 PM
Hi

yes it works with FF but doesnt work with IE6, I had to put the fallback variable to false to make it work.

how to change this variable accoriding to the user agent? where is the right place to do this?

thanks
Paolo

Post by: noise on February 23, 2009, 03:07:48 PM
I have replaced
Code:
this.fallback = false;
to
Code:
if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {
    this.fallback = false;
} else {
        this.fallback = true;
}
in tne class/js/aardvark. php to fix firefox issue and keep default setting for IE.  Also, now helpcenterlive works fine in Opera browser too.

Post by: Linksphere on February 28, 2009, 10:46:24 PM
Works great in windows but Mac OS X Live help first appears as online but it isn't really.  You hit refresh appears as offline.  Also no browers will show up :(.  Any ideas on a fix?

Post by: DaK on March 03, 2009, 03:52:09 PM
Hey all.  When I go to change the aardvark files there are several instances of the this. fallback.  Do I change them all? Just one particular one? I want to use the if statement posted a couple posted above but I'm just not exactly sure how to implement it.

Thanks,

DaK

Post by: DaK on March 03, 2009, 07:20:19 PM
Never mind.  I figured it out.  For anyone else, it's the first one you encounter on both pages.

Thanks,

DaK

Post by: monk on March 06, 2009, 08:50:48 PM
Quote from: noise link=topic=855. msg3743#msg3743 date=1235398068
I have replaced
Code:
this.fallback = false;
to
Code:
    this.fallback = false;
} else {
        this.fallback = true;
}
in tne class/js/aardvark.  php to fix firefox issue and keep default setting for IE.   Also, now helpcenterlive works fine in Opera browser too. 

i made those changes in class/js/aardvark.  php and inclass/js/normal/aardvark.  php

but nothing wark

not with firefoxe or explorer

from the live help control pannel if i want to open the live help window it dase not open

and from my site end it look like i am off line

anyone can help?

Post by: monk on March 07, 2009, 11:37:06 AM
how stupid of me
yes warking perfectly thanks :P

Post by: BrianP on March 10, 2009, 06:01:56 PM
Fix it for me also in Linux Fedora 8.

Post by: OOPMan on March 13, 2009, 11:00:59 AM
I've been testing this fix on Firefox 3. 0. 6 on both Windows XP and Mandriva Linix 2009. 0 and it does not seem to work.  I have cleared my caches and double-checked the changes but to no avail.  I've also used FireBug to inspect the Live object and verify tht is in fact using fallback mode.

What I'm finding is that none of the pages which need to automatically refresh themselves do not work.  If I log in as an Admin user in Firefox, the Monitor window does not auto-update.  However, by forcng the frame to reload I can view new chat requests, etc.  Similarly, when in a chat window I can reload the chat text frame to view new messages.

However, as Visit in Firefox the Initiating chat window does not function when reloaded in this fashion and hence I can not pursue any chats.

Post by: toolcrazy on March 16, 2009, 03:25:32 AM
Quote from: noise link=topic=855.    msg3743#msg3743 date=1235398068
I have replaced
Code:
this.fallback = false;
to
Code:
    this.fallback = false;
} else {
        this.fallback = true;
}

In the class/js/aardvark. php to fix firefox issue and keep default setting for IE.      Also, now helpcenterlive works fine in Opera browser too.    

This option works fine in IE 7 and FireFox 3. 0. 7.  Thanks. 

Post by: kdebs on April 01, 2009, 06:32:24 PM
Am I missing something in this?  Where in class/js/aardvark.  php am I supposed to find the this. fallback = false; to replace.   I found it in the class/js/normal/aardvark.  php file. . .

Post by: kdebs on April 01, 2009, 06:38:34 PM
Never mind.   I knew as soon as I asked I'd figure that out.

Now firefox loads the chat, but won't send or receive messages.   Nor will it load the back end. . .

Title: Re: Firefox 3.0.8 killed this!
Post by: usvi4me on April 11, 2009, 01:52:42 PM
I have tried everything to make this work.

Can someone please give more detailed instructions on how to fix this.

Line number of the instances that need to be changes would be good.

hcl/class/js/aardvark. php

Is the suggested change on line 28 or line 29 or both  ???

hcl/class/js/normal/aardvark. php

Is the change
change line 49, line 105 or both, 

from this. fallback = false; to this fallback = true;

Any help is greatly appreciated

Post by: Specializedheli on April 28, 2009, 10:16:18 PM
You need to change out the code in the first instance in each file. 
1.  from class/js/normal/aardvark. php

Change the Boolean below to look like this:
// Boolean whether to use the fallback method instead of XMLHttpRequest
        if (navigator. appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {this. fallback = false;} else {this. fallback = true;}

from class/js/aardvark. php

place this code into the first section that has the   this. fallback = false     
it should look as the others have stated and as i have below.

if (navigator. appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {this. fallback = false;} else {this. fallback = true;};

Here is the section as i have it coded on my server- for reference in finding it:

function Aardvark(object) { this. object = object; this. xmlhttp = new XMLHttpRequest(); this. mac = navigator. platform. indexOf('Mac'); this. msie = navigator. userAgent. indexOf("MSIE"); this. image = new Image(); if (navigator. appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {this. fallback = false;} else {this. fallback = true;}; this. url = ''; this. variables = new Array(); this. vars = new Array(); this. connect_host = ''; this. install_host = ''; this. initiated = false; this. url_built = false; this. response = ''; this. gc = 'reset'; this. validateurl = function()
{ this. connect_host = this. url; this. install_host = document. location. toString(); this. connect_host = this. connect_host. replace(/(. *?)\/\/(. *?)\/(. *)/i, "$1//$2"); this. install_host = this. install_host. replace(/(. *?)\/\/(. *?)\/(. *)/i, "$1//$2"); this. connect_host = this. connect_host. replace(/(. *?)\/\/(. *?)/i, "$2"); this. install_host = this. install_host. replace(/(. *?)\/\/(. *?)/i, "$2"); if (this. connect_host !== this. install_host) { this. fallback = true;}

This worked for me on Google chrome, firefox and IE- I'm still trying to get it to work on the Mac.  -If anyone figures that out please post.

Post by: naseem on May 29, 2009, 09:24:56 PM
I have done above changes but
It is not working for me in ff3. .

as OOPMan mentioned in top reply

What I'm finding is that none of the pages which need to automatically refresh themselves do not work.   If I log in as an Admin user in Firefox, the Monitor window does not auto-update.   However, by forcng the frame to reload I can view new chat requests, etc.   Similarly, when in a chat window I can reload the chat text frame to view new messages.

However, as Visit in Firefox the Initiating chat window does not function when reloaded in this fashion and hence I can not pursue any chats.

Please help us

Post by: strube01 on June 01, 2009, 01:58:16 AM
There are many aardvark. php. 
1. - class
2. - class\js
3. - class\js\normal

In which one of those we have to change the 'boolean value'  (false -> true)?

Post by: dsampaio on June 03, 2009, 09:42:55 PM

Post by: SpenserJ on June 04, 2009, 01:20:11 AM

Post by: MisterP on June 26, 2009, 06:45:23 PM
As some already mentioned, every page that needs auto-refresh does not work.  Has anyone come up with a fix for this part?

My environment:

Windows Vista
Firefox 3. 0. 11
Internet Explorer 7

I made the mentioned fix on both files
The problem only occurs on Firefox, IE works just fine

Post by: Rayezra on June 27, 2009, 03:07:05 PM
Open Source is great and thanks to all the people who work on it.  However you need to assess how important is your time in figuring out and configuring all of this when you can just pay for chat that works great and does not need any time spent digging thru files and configurations.
I used to use help center live but it became hours of configuring and lost client chats, as a professional I opted for provide support . com.  It works great.  And for only $60.

I kept checking back here to see when the "new" that is old now, version was to come out.

Ok just wanted to help those struggling day after day to get this working

Post by: SpenserJ on June 27, 2009, 11:28:02 PM
I agree to some extent. It is not always worth the time that it takes to get it working, and in this case, I feel that there are too many bugs and it would be better to just pay for an alternative, or build a basic system of your own like I did. On the bright side though, I have been informed that v3 will be under heavy development and tweaking in the next few months and should be out soon

Post by: Ast Derek on July 17, 2009, 04:30:47 AM
I've been trying to hunt down this bug, and found this:

Firefox stops working, even with the true/false edit because is unable to find the Set-Cookie headers from the XMLHttpRequest (if used) or the Image() class [Yes, Firefox 3. 0. 11 supports XMLHttpRequest].  Running a custom AJAX request, then checking for some cookies, the right values are found inside document. cookie instead of xmlhttp. getRequestHeader() (as HCL tries to find it).

There's a part of the code inside class/js/aardvark. php (JavaScript file) where the cookie values are retrieved, and processed.  The headers variable must be set to continue, but since Firefox does not read any cookie vars, headers is undefined, generates an error, and rest of JavaScript stops working for that page.

Tested an addition to the file, checking if the headers variable was empty, try to retrieve the cookies from document. cookie but this approach failed as opposed to the independent AJAX test.

Last try was to include a custom header inside the returning page (request. php if I remember well) with same values as the cookies sent to the HCL script, then changing class/js/aardvark. php to read Custom-header instead of Set-Cookie, and it worked fine [code to be included later, it's in a different computer].

The tests were run on a Laptop, Windows Vista, Firefox 3. 0. 11, Internet Explorer 7.  Obviously IE worked fine, as the operator.

Post by: inthysite on August 02, 2009, 01:32:15 AM
Quote from: Ast Derek link=topic=855. msg4295#msg4295 date=1247801447
I've been trying to hunt down this bug, and found this:

Firefox stops working, even with the true/false edit because is unable to find the Set-Cookie headers from the XMLHttpRequest (if used) or the Image() class [Yes, Firefox 3.  0.  11 supports XMLHttpRequest].   Running a custom AJAX request, then checking for some cookies, the right values are found inside document.  cookie instead of xmlhttp.  getRequestHeader() (as HCL tries to find it). 

There's a part of the code inside class/js/aardvark.  php (JavaScript file) where the cookie values are retrieved, and processed.   The headers variable must be set to continue, but since Firefox does not read any cookie vars, headers is undefined, generates an error, and rest of JavaScript stops working for that page. 

Tested an addition to the file, checking if the headers variable was empty, try to retrieve the cookies from document.  cookie but this approach failed as opposed to the independent AJAX test. 

Last try was to include a custom header inside the returning page (request.  php if I remember well) with same values as the cookies sent to the HCL script, then changing class/js/aardvark.  php to read Custom-header instead of Set-Cookie, and it worked fine [code to be included later, it's in a different computer]. 

The tests were run on a Laptop, Windows Vista, Firefox 3.  0.  11, Internet Explorer 7.   Obviously IE worked fine, as the operator. 

Any further word on this fix?  I would love to use this program but currently it's useless if it doesn't support FF.

Thanks in advance;
Allen.

Post by: Ast Derek on August 29, 2009, 04:54:37 AM
Sorry I didn't update the code here.  I'll add the TODO list here in a few hours if possible, or some days.  Right now I'm installing the Live Chat on a live environment, let's see what happens.

P. D. :

Installation went fine, chat didn't work at first, then patched the files and everything seems to be fine.  Files modified (edited from original):

/class/aardvark. php

line 77:
setcookie('aardvark_'. $this->variables_send[$key ]['variable' ], $this->variables_send[$key ]['data' ], $time, '/', $domain);

to (sending the cookie and the custom header):
setcookie('aardvark_'. $this->variables_send[$key ]['variable' ], $this->variables_send[$key ]['data' ], $time, '/', $domain);
header("Custom-header: aardvark_". $this->variables_send[$key ]['variable' ]. "=". rawurlencode($this->variables_send[$key ]['data' ]),false);

/class/js/aardvark. php

line 52 (reads the cookie header, removing date and path info):
} else { headers = eval(object+". xmlhttp. getResponseHeader('Set-Cookie')"); headers = headers. split("path=/"); for (i = 0; i < headers. length; i++) { headers[i ] = headers[i ]. split("; "); if (headers[i ][0 ] !== '') { if (headers[i ][0 ]. substring(0, 2) == ', ') { content += headers[i ][0 ]. substring(2, headers[i ][0 ]. length) + '; ';} else if (headers[i ][0 ]. substring(0, 1) == "\n") { content += headers[i ][0 ]. substring(1, headers[i ][0 ]. length) + '; ';} else { content += headers[i ][0 ] + '; ';}
}
}
}

to (returns bare custom header):
} else { headers = eval(object+". xmlhttp. getResponseHeader('Custom-header')"); content = (headers) ? headers : "";
}

Tried to attach the files I originally edited at my computer, but didn't have enough permissions.

Just tested with FireFox 2. 0. 2, Mac OS X 10. 3: 1 error, message from FireBug
document. getElementById("aardvark_div_" + object) has no properties
}; this. xmlhttp. open("GET", this. url, tr. . . new Image(); this. image. src = this. url;}

Post by: phyozaw on October 26, 2009, 06:09:51 PM
Thanks you very much.  It is really work.

Post by: hwarlon on October 28, 2009, 10:21:07 AM
Hello,

happy to be here, I'm French and it will not be easy ;-)
Obviously for me too in Firefox, the cat is in charge but it gets stuck at this stage of loading.   It works fine in IE. 
Being not very good at English I did not understand the explanation given here. 

Maybe someone could send me nice e mail changed pages ;-)

A priori, a French translation of the script exists, but the link is dead, maybe someone who has this file english. txt may wish to contact me, thank you

Thank you in advance for your help. 
Translation Google ;-)
Good day

Post by: Ast Derek on October 28, 2009, 06:12:15 PM
The text says:

Chat information is sent using cookies.  Cookies are not accessible for some explorers.  Changes made here send information using HTTP headers.

Lines to change are listed (along the piece of original code), the new section of code is marked as "to":

Filename where to make changes

line 77:
PIECE OF ORIGINAL CODE

to:
PIECE OF NEW CODE

If you have an email I can send you the modified files

Post by: hwarlon on October 28, 2009, 06:31:30 PM
Yes I am willing changed files

Thank you very much, really this is my email

Good evening and thank you again

Post by: Ast Derek on November 09, 2009, 11:36:44 AM
Hey, lost your email.   Have passed a while.  .  .   sorry, I was busy.   Go here to find the files:

hxxp: www.  magentaderek.  com/sandbox/hcl/

Title: pls help me
Post by: rajkumar on February 05, 2010, 12:16:34 PM
Any one have chat code
 just send please .  .  .  .   to rajud521@gmail.   com