Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: centeruser on February 15, 2009, 02:11:14 AM

Title: access in chat in firefox
Post by: centeruser on February 15, 2009, 02:11:14 AM

Title: Re: access in chat in firefox
Post by: gnosisd on March 17, 2009, 02:27:46 AM
Also, when I have logged into the administration panel it does not allow me to accept requests.  Is there a reason this app does not work with firefox? Is there a patch or something that can be installed to resolve this?

Post by: jeroen_005 on March 17, 2009, 10:28:14 AM
I have the same problem here.  It seems that the newer versions of FireFox wont work with Help Center Live anymore :(

Post by: gnosisd on March 18, 2009, 03:18:29 PM
Quote from: toolcrazy link=topic=855. msg3804#msg3804 date=1237170332
Quote from: noise link=topic=855.     msg3743#msg3743 date=1235398068
I have replaced
Code:
this.fallback = false;
to
Code:
if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {
    this.fallback = false;
} else {
        this.fallback = true;
}

In the class/js/aardvark.  php to fix firefox issue and keep default setting for IE.       Also, now helpcenterlive works fine in Opera browser too.     

This option works fine in IE 7 and FireFox 3.  0.  7.   Thanks.   

I made the changes above, and that fixed the issue for me in firefox for both admin, and customers being able to use firefox. 

Post by: jsalis on April 01, 2009, 06:24:53 PM
I did not test this in Opera, but it did not work for me in Firefox 3. 0. 8.  It did get farther than it was without the patch I am able to at least connect to an operator, but no messages are able to get through in either direction.  Can someone test this with Firefox 3. 0. 8 and let me know if I simply made a mistake?

Post by: kdebs on April 21, 2009, 08:31:55 PM
I'm having the same problem to, and I've made the proposed fix.   I've run a lot of tests, and the only way this seems to work is if I have the back-end running in IE7 and the front-end in IE7 or Firefox 1. 5. 0. 9 in CentOS.   

Post by: usvi4me on April 21, 2009, 09:21:42 PM
I am having the same problem on the MAC.   Firefox simply does not work even with all the above changes.

I've given up and deleted it from our server.   Doesn't look like version 3 is coming anytime soon.

Post by: gordon on December 03, 2009, 10:01:48 AM
gnosisd you saved the day.  I thought it would never work with Firefox.  And your fix worked like a charm.  Thank you SO MUCH!!!

Post by: mismas on March 14, 2010, 07:04:41 PM
looks like it works. . . im using maxmonitor desktop app

Post by: tornado1979 on June 23, 2010, 09:06:50 AM
of course it works.  i had the same problem, the firefox customer could not chat with the agent, and after i changed that script on class/js/aardvark.  php everything works perfect, both on IE8 and Firefox 3. 6. 3.

as gnosisd said i deleted this this. fallback = false; and i replaced it with this:
if (navigator. appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer') {
       this. fallback = false;
} else {
          this. fallback = true;
}