Help Center Live Community

Support => Installation Help & Software Support => Topic started by: BrianP on May 18, 2009, 08:49:46 PM

Title: Declining a chat
Post by: BrianP on May 18, 2009, 08:49:46 PM
If I have multiple operators defined for a department, and the first operator declines a chat, should it move to the next operator or just kill the chat request?  I expected it to move to the next operator, but it killed the request instead. . . .

- brian

Title: Re: Declining a chat
Post by: SpenserJ on May 19, 2009, 01:29:01 AM
I would expect it to move to the next operator, but because of how the current release is coded, it just cancels the chat right away. Please edit your previous topic/post next time ;)

Spenser

Post by: BrianP on May 19, 2009, 02:26:27 PM
Please edit your previous topic/post next time ;)

I figured this was a different problem than the multiple operator accepting the same chat, which is why I posted separately.  <shrug>

- brian

Post by: SpenserJ on May 19, 2009, 08:11:05 PM
I guess so, and in some ways it relates, but some ways it doesn't... Personally I like to keep all issues (even if they are unrelated) in one topic, as it simplifies replying to them, but that is fine. Sorry about that!

Spenser

Post by: BrianP on May 27, 2009, 02:12:10 PM
I would expect it to move to the next operator, but because of how the current release is coded, it just cancels the chat right away.

So, I am not sure what happened, but it is now moving to the next operator when I hit decline.  Perhaps the changes I made to http://www.helpcenterlive.com/smf/multiple_operators_starting_same_chat-t984.0.html fixed this?  Or I just screwed up my testing.  Either way, it does move to the next operator like I expected.

- brian