Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 08:49:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Receiving messege when offline  (Read 4187 times)
Anirban1987
Not too much to say...

« on: October 27, 2008, 04:42:28 PM »

My support link : hxxp: techdarpan. com/Support/
When I am offline the contact us form is supposed to send me the messege in my designated email id (admin@techdarpan.  com) .   But after setting up all the options in the department section still messeges are not reaching my email id.   I have used Fantastico to install Help Center Live. 
Here are some details for your ready reference :
MX Records:
30 ASPMX2.  GOOGLEMAIL.  com
31 ASPMX3.  GOOGLEMAIL.  com
32 ASPMX4.  GOOGLEMAIL.  com
33 ASPMX5.  GOOGLEMAIL.  com
10 ASPMX.  L.  GOOGLE.  com
20 ALT1.  ASPMX.  L.  GOOGLE.  com
21 ALT2.  ASPMX.  L.  GOOGLE.  com

I have also configured the SMTP Hostname as smtp. gmail. com
Email : admin@techdarpan.  com
SMTP Port : 587
SMTP username : admin@techdarpan.  com
SMTP Password : ************

I have also enabled IMAP and POP in my mail account.   Please Help !
wolfdog85
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 08:43:54 PM »

I am having this issue as well.  I think the problem is, is that gmail requires ssl.  I just downloaded and installed help center so I have not had a chance to see if this is possible or not, but I'm sure that is most likely the problem.  Any ideas?
wolfdog85
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:57:45 PM »

I think I fixed the issue.  For one thing, I had to update phpmailer.  Help center was using an earlier version so I updated it to 2. 0 by replacing the class. phpmailer. php and class. smtp. php files in the /class/phpmailer/ directory with the new files as downloaded by hxxp: phpmailer. codeworxtech. com.  The other thing that was wrong is in the file /class/email. php the first function auth has phpmailer globals that are set.  Before the IsMAIL() is set which does not set it to use SMTP like seen in the comment so you must change this to IsSMTP().  The SMTPAuth is set to true which is correct.  There is one varialbe missing $GLOBALS['phpmailer']->SMTPSecure = "ssl"; // sets the prefix to the servier.  This tells the server to use ssl like I had said in my comment before.  This should probably be set up in the configuration settings instead of coded directly like this, but it works for now.  :-)

Make sure your port is 465 and your smtp host is set to smtp. gmail. com with your username and password set correctly.
Anirban1987
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:58:51 AM »

One more question : Which one I have to activate POP or IMAP in GMail settings ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: