Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 05:27:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Referral Module & User Invite  (Read 10173 times)
sciencestuff
Not too much to say...

« on: August 26, 2007, 01:29:06 AM »

Great open source software! Code seems very stable.

I was wondering if this can be put on a wish list:

Referral Module - referer tracking, page tracking where visitor is initiating chat from.

Invite - ability to invite a user, auto-invite after a certain time

Also, is it possible to post a features list on the home page? In the absence of an online demo, the feature list will help point out the strengths of HCL.

- sciencestuff
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 03:11:51 AM »

Actually, there is a small referrer system built in, however I truly hate the reports and am working on some ideas to make it a little more useful.

Good idea on the features list, I'll put something together.  Also I hope to have the demo up and running sometime soon.  I now find myself refusing to give dates anymore, as every deadline I've set for myself has slipped lately because of work. Sad

how may I help you today?
sciencestuff
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 03:24:18 AM »

I understand that. Developing open source software can be an ardous, thankless task.

Rest assured that the core of HCL is very strong. If you can catch up with the feature list of craftysyntax/liveperson/phplivesupport, HCL will surely be the winner!
Gilmore
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 12:06:24 AM »

Just add a Email-to-a-Friend script to it. Then you can just add the link where needed and you will kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You can add this link in the emails that go out too.
When you click the link, you get a page that has several, the number would be up to you in the admin maybe, input text boxes for thier name and email address. Of course you want a disclaimer on this page that the email addy of your friends will not saved or marketed. It will only be used this one time.
Just a cover your rear statement!
So this way you can now send the info, page, etc...to 1 or as many friends as you want.

Thanks,

Gilmore
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 03:35:26 AM »

Actually, I believe he was referring to referrer as in, what site did the visitor come from... Smiley

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: