First things first:
Ok, we've finally gotten things to a good point to release the final version. Due to over 100 downloads of RC1, and all issues taken care of via the hotfix system, I'm releasing 2.1.3. Future releases of the 2.1.x versions will be done a little differently, not so much will be changed at a time, and Hotfixes will be released as we stomp bugs. After 5 or 6 hotfixes, we'll wrap up a new package and release it as finished.
You won't find a ton of changes, this is a maintainance release, however it does not include any kind of ticket system. Because the focus is on 3.0.0 and the new feature set (you all are going to love some of these features!), 2.1.x will be maintained and kept bug free while we get busy on the new system.
Some changes in 2.1.3:
- Provided work around for PHP 5.2.2 bug in core
- Removed osTicket and eTicket
- Fixed issue with themes not working correctly in eTicket on
- Fixed issue with initiate chats not working, put more real world timeouts into config
- Added more bots to the bot killer (about 40 more)
- Fixed some SQL issues with Windows servers.
- Fixed a bug in the Portuguese language file.
- Fixed a couple of bugs in setup
- Added a config option to prevent operators from being able to delete transcripts (in config.php, add $conf['opdelete']=true; to turn on)
- Updated Smarty template engine (required for windows installs)
- Updated PHP Mailer class
Most of the feature requests placed in the tracker have not been started here. The reason is that the development cycle for even a minor version will be more then a week or so. Figure on 1 to 2 months at least. Major version changes will probably not happen in less then a year. If more developers become involved, this could change.
Please feel free to post bugs in the core development board, for ease of finding them and getting them squashed, or if you like, use our tracker directly, visit http://www.helpcenterlive.com/eve/
however do note that it uses a separate login system then the forums and portal site.
Downloads are available on the Source Forge page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/helpcenterlive