Help Center Live Community
April 21, 2014, 12:28:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: some question from a newbie  (Read 7889 times)
veganxjasmin
Not too much to say...

« on: June 24, 2008, 12:02:19 PM »

I just installed HCL recently and activated it for my onlineshop

Install was no problem at all, but since I am not an native english speaker, I do have some questions.

1. ) How am I in chat position?
When I go to the HCL admin and then on LiveHelp the Monitor opens
Then I have a list with all guests, for what exactly is the "Initiate" Function?

2. ) Is there a way to use HCL multilingual?

3. ) I really miss a documentation, the Install Guide is a start but nothing I would call a Documentation
I had already no idea what to pick at the Install process at some points, and after it I had also no idea what all the different menu points are for

Hope to get some help here, so I can finally use HCL :)
veganxjasmin
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:42:40 AM »

can anyone please tell me how it works??

I mostly just don't understand the link "initiate"

veganxjasmin
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 07:38:15 PM »

great support, thank you!
veganxjasmin
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 11:30:34 PM »

I already integrated HelpCenterLive into my liveshop

but since I don't understand how it works, that people can chat with me, I am not able to use the service
neither my guests/customers are able to use the service

So I would be thankful for a short introdocution, or I am forced to uninstall everything again :(
ScriptJunkie
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:35:00 PM »

Hi Jasmin,

Have you checked out the live demo? That's how I found out how to use the software.  It's awesome!

The "Initiate" function allows you to begin a chat with a visitor.  Most often, visitors who have questions or need help will click the button to chat with you.  However, there may be times you want to initiate the chat first.

For example, when you enter a store, it's always nice if someone who works there comes up and says "May I help you with anything?".  This is what the initiate function is for.  Since the software allows you to monitor where visitors are on your site, an example of how to use this feature is as follows:

Let's say you notice someone clicking back and forth between to pages containing similar items.  This might indicate they're having trouble making up their mind which one to purchase.  You would initiate a chat with them, and ask them if there's anything you can help them with, or say something like "I've noticed you browsing Celine Dion's Greatest Hits & Celine Dion's Live CD.  May I help you make a choice between them or do you have any questions I can answer for you today?"

Hope this helps!
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 08:35:42 AM »

Hi ScriptJunkie, that's a really helpful intro.   I haven't been able to get the Live Demo to work :(( (is that the one at the top of all the pages here that says "Demo"?)  I posted here about that when I first joined.   It's at hxxp: www. helpcenterlive. com/smf/demo-t538. 0. html;msg2644#msg2644  :(

Opposites are not contradictory but complimentary - Neils Bohr
BYTEmySITE
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 08:40:46 PM »

Talvenloppu is right,

The DEMO is currently not working.  It is possible someone figured to change the user/password for ADMIN.

In any event, we have asked the author to fix the DEMO access.  So check back in a 2-3 day period, in case he has a chance to fix it.

In the meantime, we are using the software with no glitches, and we are online for chat 8-10 hrs a day, so maybe you catch us on line for a Demo.  Or, send us a HelpTicket, is FREE, and will setup a time for DEMO and help if you like..

our HELP DESK at:  http://BYTEmySITE.org/HelpDesk

Or, perhaps you would like us to visit your chat to have a look see?  You would need to post the URL for that okay.

Best wishes.

AR
ScriptJunkie
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 08:54:55 AM »

Byte,

You're so right! The hazard of working with too many windows open I guess! I had my demo site windows mixed up!

Sorry folks, no demo for us for the time being. 
veganxjasmin
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 02:29:43 PM »

thanks for the short intro!

is there a way to use it also multilingual?
since my shop is multilingual as well
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 01:23:14 PM »

Hiya again, how did you get on??  I have just installed HCL and like you, I can't see how to steer the thing.  Looks pretty enough but can't see how to get it working!!  As the demo still don't work it's all a bit confusing ...

Opposites are not contradictory but complimentary - Neils Bohr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: