Help Center Live Community
April 21, 2014, 06:15:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound issues with Firefox 3.0.7  (Read 6550 times)
pcolella
Not too much to say...

« on: March 26, 2009, 02:09:48 PM »

For those of you using the new Firefox 3. 0. 7 and having sound issues here's a fix.  The embed tag needs a MIME qualifier such as type="audio/mpeg" so you will need to modify the template file monitor_content. tpl and add this to the embed tag.

Also broken is the beep while chatting.  For that you'll have to edit the chat. php file found in class/js and add an embed tag within the object tag.

Hope this helps anyone that was having the same issues.
unix4linux
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 12:55:56 PM »

Pcolella,

Would you be kind and point out exactly where these files are and where in the file these changes have to be made.   I am not a coder and a little guidance on where to make these changes would be of great help.

I am also experiencing this problem with sound.
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 04:46:59 PM »

Sadly I don't have a local HCL install anymore, so I can't tell you exactly, but if you look for any folders relating to themes or templates you will find it quick enough. In that main themes/templates folder, there is one called G and one called Bliss (I think). Inside there just modify monitor_content.tpl. Do a search for <embed and you will find the line to change. Just add it inside the tag (<embed> becomes <embed type="audio/mpeg">, but of course it isn't an empty tag, or I don't think it is)

As for the beeping, from the main HCL directory, open up class/js/chat.php and also search for <embed and add it the same (or maybe this one is <object, sorry, I can't remember as I patched it a while ago). However if you look in those files you should find it. In the template file it is closer to the bottom, can't remember where in chat.php

Spenser

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: