Help Center Live Community
April 20, 2014, 04:12:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sql error  (Read 6050 times)
kevinvanw
Not too much to say...

« on: January 14, 2008, 04:59:28 PM »

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'picture`=" " WHERE `id`="1"' at line 1

UPDATE `hcl_operators` SET `firstname`="Default", `lastname`="User", `email`="admin@example.com", `autosave`="1", `showpic`="1" `picture`=" " WHERE `id`="1"

how do i solve this? im using v.5
victor
HCL Member

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 06:21:34 PM »

check your username, password and username permissions to update th database

Gigo
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 10:57:50 AM »

Nop.  I have problem too.  Problem is in SQL syntax.  Missing comma in SQL syntax before picture.
Syntax is

Code:
UPDATE `hcl_operators` SET `firstname`="Default", `lastname`="User", `email`="admin@example.com", `autosave`="1", `showpic`="1" `picture`=" " WHERE `id`="1"
instead
Code:
UPDATE `hcl_operators` SET `firstname`="Default", `lastname`="User", `email`="admin@example.com", `autosave`="1", `showpic`="1", `picture`=" " WHERE `id`="1"

sitiseo
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:13:06 PM »

I have the same problem .  .  . 
Help please .  .  . 
Thank's  Wink

Edit: Ok, I resolved, not wrote the password
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 05:10:34 PM by sitiseo » Logged
surG
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »

kevinvanw May be i'm too late to reply. .  but i guess it'll help you (or anybody that's stuck in this problem )

hxxp: www. helpcenterlive. com/smf/mysql_syntax_error_in_downloaded_code-t321. 0. html

This post says. . .

Quote from: quakerc
There is a small error, a missing comma, in line 286 of . . . /class/operator. php which is enough to cause MySQL to fail when trying to update operator details.   The comma should come between the showpic item and the picture item.   
It's simple to fix if you have access to the  code but this is not always the case with users who are using code installed by a hosting company for them. 
QuakerC :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: