Help Center Live Community
April 19, 2014, 01:15:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taken the plunge - water?!  (Read 4336 times)
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« on: July 21, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »

I stopped dithering and installed via Fantastico Smiley  HCL is now sitting in its folder waiting, in case anyone hasn't figured this out: the address is case sensitive  Grin  Looks fine (I need to make a load of changes but we'll get to that)  BUT how do I get the admin section up?  How do I stop being off-line?  How do I keep records of chats?   ...  help?

Opposites are not contradictory but complimentary - Neils Bohr
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 02:34:34 PM »

Ok,  so for anyone who doesn't know out there ... simply navigate to the subdirectory in the folder where you installed hcl and bingo:-  the admin section!   Looked good, but couldn't get it to work.   I logged in but it kept telling me that I wasn't logged in.  I could find a way to "boot" (change operator status to off-line) but no way to "unboot" or whatever the term is.  So I upgraded to 2,1,7 ... and this has not gone to plan Sad but that's another ticket Smiley

ScriptJunkie
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 01:14:40 AM »

Installs through fantastico typically email you all the info (i. e.  your login name, password, and URL for admin log on).

Did you take a look at it?

If you manually upgraded to 2. 17, there's no notifying email from fantastico - so you will have needed to pay attention during the install process.

For me, as soon as I finished the install of 2. 17, it launched the admin sign in page automatically, which allowed me to bookmark it to find it for future reference.

Hope this helps.
Talvenloppu
Not too much to say...

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 08:11:42 AM »

Thanks scriptjunkie.

No, Fantastico didn't email me anything that I recall. But as I posted, I figured out how to get to the admiin section in the end.  The upgrade to 2.1..7 was a mess though.  Can't imagine why you'd be interested but my thread about that's here: http://www.helpcenterlive.com/smf/v_227_failed_upgrade-t569.0.html;msg2767#msg2767

It might be a real help if you could post a simple step by step instruction for installing 2.1.7 ?  There's nothing on this site that helps so I had to just wing it.  Tried getting help here but it's a bit empty of life.  So, having tried to get answers to the HCL enigma for the whole of July I finally gave up a couple of days ago and went for an Onlinechatcenter solution instead!  Now I have a fully featured chat center up and running.  I'd still prefer to have been able to use HCL but time waits for noone and I had to get on.

Thanks for your help, glad you had a TOTALLY different experience to me, but confused as to why that should have been.  Nothing sprang to life for me!  Sad Never mind, water under the bridge.

Good luck Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: