Help Center Live Community
July 22, 2014, 06:28:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticket System?  (Read 11938 times)
DeadBeet
Not too much to say...

« on: July 05, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »

Is there a ticket system still offered with HCL?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 02:52:48 PM »

The short answer is no, however the more correct answer is that all modules have been moved away from the core.  There were so many problems with the osTicket software, that we opted to drop it and start on a custom module just for HCL.  Really there is a lot of repetition of functions using osTicket (or eTicket) with the core, so a native module is currently being fabricated.  I'm about 90% done, and just working on some user interface portions now for the initial release.  My goal is to have it tested and released before the end of the week.

how may I help you today?
DeadBeet
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »

ok, thanks:)  If you need someone to test it, I can help you:)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »

I'll certainly keep you in mind. Smiley  I never have enough people willing to test code. Smiley

tommyjohn
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 05:01:14 PM »

Count me in for the testing of the Ticket module.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 06:23:11 PM »

Should be soon.  I have had something come up in my personal life (I'm posting a "announcement") that will keep me more or less away from the Internet for a little bit.  Still I'll be checking in while I can.

thewebco
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 06:33:45 PM »

I'm willing to test.....
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »

Great, we're just about there.  I need to find an issue that is keeping eTicket for interfacing completely, and we should be ready for testing.

Chris Cholewiak
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 05:43:32 AM »

definitely count me in as a beta tester!
please email when ready to: support [AT] visionbliss [DOT] net
adriscoll
Not too much to say...

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 04:59:55 AM »

i downloaded HCL from cpanel a few weeks ago and noticed that osTicket came as part of the package.  Some threads say it is discontinued, or eTicket is integrated....no matter what the jabber, what will be the ticketing mechanism supported through this forum?

thanks in advance.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 06:16:44 AM »

As I noted in your other post, basically, the decendent of osTicket will be offered, once it's stable enough to put out there.  Unlike HCL, I'm not as familure with the eTicket code, as I see that as secondary to the main HCL core. 

The problem is that when osTicket died, it was left in very sorry state, with numerous security related issues, some where patched, but the entire code base is rather nasty to work in, thus I based hclTicket off of eTicket, which should be compatible with your osTicket database.  Part of the slow down is having to try and be compatible withe osTicket.  At one point I planned for hclTicket to be brand new from the ground up, however just working on converting the database would have been a fairly lenthy task, so I decided to focus on something related to osTicket.

One problem with Fantastico and other script installers is that they sometimes are WAY behind current versions.  Because of this, you can be left with some security issues in your sites.  I don't recommend using a script installer if you can help it, better to install the system on your own, and upgrade when new releases are put out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: