Help Center Live Community
April 18, 2014, 01:16:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unable to get Live help Online  (Read 10571 times)
hdtec
Not too much to say...

« on: July 13, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »

Hi,

I've installed helpcenterlive however it keeps showing the Offline or  No Operator Available message.

I have tried search the forum about this, but I already did all the steps.

- Logged in to the admin http://mydomain.com/hcl/admin/index.php
- go to system config, create departments
- click Assignment, checked my admin user and click Edit
- then exit system config and click Live Help

however it is still showing offline on the http://mydomain.com/hcl/index.php page

When checking the system configuration -> operator, it is also showing operator "Not Logged In"

Can any one help me, please..
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 01:52:51 PM by hdtec » Logged
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »

What browser are you using?  This is a known issue with IE 6 and 7.  Both pretty much require that you set your server as a trusted site.

how may I help you today?
hdtec
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »

Hello,

Thank you very much for replying,

I use Firefox 2.0.0.4 though.

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 06:56:25 PM »

What java plugin are you using (enter about:plugins into your FF address bar)

hdtec
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 09:47:13 PM »

Hello there,

Our Java plugin version is Java Plug-in 1.5.0_10 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 05:34:48 AM »

Hello there,

Our Java plugin version is Java Plug-in 1.5.0_10 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)

Can you PM me a link to a page with the icon on it?

C J Pro
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 05:34:21 AM »

I myself am having the same problem.  I am running Camino (Mozilla) and have also tried it in Firefox and Safari.  It works on my local dev server but does not work on my website.  This is the first time I've tried using HelpCenterLive on DreamHost and it's the only time I'm having problems with it.  Is it a problem I'll have to contact DreamHost about?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 06:42:53 AM »

Another area to check is the file permissions, because you upload the files as your user, the files must be readable by Apache, so they need the world bits set for at least read. 

This is something I'm working on addressing in the installer, to try and get permissions setup correctly, and not have to fudge around with the whole chmod process which a lot of people find confusing.

C J Pro
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 04:02:46 PM »

All of the files have been set to 0777.  Unfortunately, the problem still persists.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 10:46:16 PM »

This is underscoring the reason we need to know what environment a problem is occurring in.  Without knowing what we are working with, we can't fix the problem.  It's like calling a car repair and saying "my car doesn't run"  Please, don't worry about flooding us with information.  Something that may seem trivial may be the clue to busting some of these weird issues. 

Posted at the top of this forum is Having problems, READ THIS FIRST  I know it's a pain to give us all the information,  but believe me, it speeds the process up, and if need be, we'll build a server out with a similar configuration if we have to, just so we can figure out the bug.  I recently (about 2 weeks ago) took two machines and that's all they are for, simulating server environments.  While currently both are Unix based (sorry, I have no Windows server licenses, nor will I in the foreseeable future), it will enable us to work with the system in a safe and sane way.

Additionally, and I'm going to edit the sticky to include this, please DON'T send passwords to me, either by e-mail (other people monitor my e-mail when I'm out of town) or PM (this is ALWAYS a bad idea as I found out a couple of days ago.)

At this point I'm out of ideas, unless I can get a server to behave the same way, I probably won't be able to find the problem, which is too bad, since I'd like to get it fixed.

C J Pro
Not too much to say...

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2007, 11:46:47 PM »

If you want me to, I can set up up a subdomain, FTP account, and MySQL database to try diagnosing the problem on.

http://hcl.proviasdigital.com/phpinfo.php <<< There's the phpinfo() output.  The server is running Linux 2.4 (don't know what distro), Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.5.2, I'll get you the MySQL version later tonight (can't locate it right off the bat, but I do know it is MySQL 5)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 11:49:17 PM »

Great, thanks, that will help a lot.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: