Help Center Live Community
July 24, 2014, 03:32:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Undeletable directories  (Read 4518 times)
The Phantom
Not too much to say...

Stupid Guy

« on: May 05, 2009, 03:30:28 PM »

I've moved HCL to another directory (I couldn't simply rename the old one).  However, the old directory still has two subdirectories which I cannot delete! These directories are cache and compile, and I believe that I can't delete them because their content was created by a PHP script.  I made a simple PHP script that, technically, must delete them, but it doesn't.  I've tried both removing these directoies and what's inside them (and yes, I know that Linux cannot delete an un-empty directory) - no luck.  :( So could you please provide a script that will delete them or another way of deletig them.  Huh Thx.
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 12:21:30 AM »

If you have ssh access (or any command line access) then there is a simple (but dangerous, if you run it incorrectly) fix:
CD into the directory where HCL was hosted ("cd /home/account/public_html/hcl" for instance)
then remove the files forcefully and recursively... be VERY careful with this command, as it can delete your whole server!
rm -rf cache
rm -rf compile

If that throws an error about permissions, then add "sudo " infront of it, so it would be "sudo rm -rf cache"

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: