Help Center Live Community
April 21, 2014, 03:03:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have the client chat on the very site page (no popup windows)  (Read 5956 times)
kirpi
Not too much to say...

« on: December 03, 2008, 05:59:26 PM »

I cannot find the way to let the clients have their chat start and live right inside their main windows (right where the online/offline button shows, just to be clear). 

On many sites such a feature would be better than a popup window. 

Is there an hidden variable to be set anywhere? (it would be nice)
Or, does anybody know how to have the chat appear on the site page as opposed to a new popup window, please?

Luigi
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:59:02 PM by kirpi » Logged
Joe Beauchamp
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 01:17:07 AM »

I don't have the time or the exact knowledge - obviously, I'm here to try to find answers for my own things -- and seeing very few answers and a lot of questions.

However, I was just messing with javascript scrolling / news crawls, etc.  and one of them used an i-frame, I think.   You could put anything you wanted in it - it was just this window on your page.   I suspect that would solve your problem.  One of the javascripts sites was nice in that every different thing had a demo so you could see it.   Sorry that I can't give you more, but that should work for you.
Linksphere
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 10:47:22 PM »

You could display the target url in an iframe yes. . .  but I think an ajax solution would be better for HCL moving forward.  Just a thought :).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: