Help Center Live Community
April 20, 2014, 11:50:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Visitor information in monitoring  (Read 6319 times)
phpfixer
« on: July 20, 2007, 11:49:21 PM »

In using the monitoring , the visitor tracking information is great - I'd love to see it go a step further and implement a method or custom hook for this (perhaps a module that could be dropped in) to populate the info with specific visitor data.

You see, 99.9% of all visitors we  track are already logged in to our website, and when they contact us for help, it is beneficial to have information at the op's fingertips such as logged in username, logged in ID , ip address, a list of machines owned by the client (which we'd be able to get the info from our own database) for example, that could be added in to this.

If no one is planning to implement such a feature and there is sufficient interest, I do plan to develop something along these lines for our own purposes, but should there be interest in making it a drop in installable module, I'd be very happy to generalize this a bit more so that information displayed could be customized.

we implement HCL as a technical support helpdesk for a webhosting company , and many clients have multiple dedicated machines, others have multiple virtual accounts, etc, so this information would be extremely helpful to the support technician/operator on duty.

Also, it would be ideal to make it optional to pop open windows in new tabs (I use Firefox browser and Linux Desktop and OS, but IE7 also features tabbed browsing) especially for ops who may have multiple clients and chats to deal with.

Other than that, HCL appears to be just awesome, very very well implemented solution which is just about exactly what we needed. definitely looking forward to HCL 3.0 (and hoping that upgrading from 2.1.3 will be seamless haha)
Thank you for an excellent application/solution.
Also - dont you have a donation button somewhere that users of the software could make contributions/donations to the project?

- Regards,
Brian
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 11:32:05 PM »

Brian, I agree, and those hooks should be added to the feature lists on HCL 3.0.0  Actually, it would just be a modification of the icon code to pass things like user name and such.  Should be fairly easy (maybe some emphasis on should!)

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: