Help Center Live Community
April 20, 2014, 04:14:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Visitors not showing up in monitor, but visitor sound playing  (Read 10258 times)
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« on: June 20, 2007, 02:15:59 PM »

Anyone that is having this issue, please, if you could copy and paste the relevant apache logs for when this happens, it would be very helpful for trying to track it down.  Actually, if you are having this problem, please vote above.  The votes will help us to see how widespread the issue is.

If you have log files, either post them here, or you can PM me the info.  This is very important as I'm having a problem recreating the issue on our servers. 

how may I help you today?
hightekhosting
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 03:13:09 PM »

Wow...im the first vote! I'm special!!!  Grin

Hightek Hosting
Ph: +61259082370   Fax: +61269314226
Web: http://www.hightekhosting.com   Email: sales@hightekhosting.com
tommyjohn
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 05:51:05 PM »

This is the #1 bug in my opinion. To see viewers and hits on the site but not get the chance to initiate a sales chat with them is a major major problem. In the end this issue will be the single fact that pushes us away from this app and into the arms of a pay service (very sad).

Great work on everything to this point, and I am very glad the app is available.

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 06:08:28 PM »

The hard problem with this bug is that I haven't been able to replicate it, even using bots configured to look like different browsers.  Hence the reason I need to find some log files, so I can see what user agents are hitting it, on what OS, etc.  That way I can see if there is some common theme to the problem. 

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 06:28:22 PM »

Just a thought, what web server and version and what version of PHP and MySQL are the people that are having this issue running?  Additionally, are these all high traffic sites?

tommyjohn
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 06:36:22 PM »

The problematic browsers are IE7 (until the site is listed as trusted) and IE6, on Win XP.

IE7 also 100% does not react to the initiate command, while all mozilla and opera browsers work fine (increased the initiate timeout as noted in another post).

This is not a high traffic site on a good day we see 200+ hits.

I really want to stress that this app is amazing, we really can only say that its a Ferrari without the tires. So close to perfect for our needs.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 06:42:12 PM »

Boy the temptation to go there on MS. Cheesy  Anyway, Does trusting help or do nothing on this problem?  Also, which java?  It does make a difference in this case.

I've noticed that I.E. 7 on Vista has some issues revolving around Java.  I'll concentrate some effort to replicating using 7.  Unfortunately one Vista box was purchased for developement, the other is my laptop which requires windows for it's wireless device...  Neither one can be back tracked to XP at this time.

tommyjohn
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 07:00:05 PM »

Trusting helps when it comes to getting them to show in the monitor, but does nothing to help on the initiate issue.

JRE version 1.6.0_01
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 07:10:02 PM »

Two issues with the Initiate, 1 is the standard timeout is too short for certain Java's (and Sun's seems to be the worst of the lot).  The second issue is the image itself.  Many people do not see the postage stamp sized image.  I recommend that you mod your theme to have a decent sized image file.

If the trust level is working with yours, that is a start.  The problem with it being a trust issue is that it's nearly impossible to program around.  IE itself is preventing the script from running because it utilizes a technique that nefarious sites will use to spoof people. Sad

svoirin
Not too much to say...

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 11:09:45 PM »

This seems to be an old problem, but I'm having this problem now.  I've check this in IE, Safari, an Firefox and I can't monitor any visitors.  I just get a white screen with my status above.  I do get a chat request, but just cant see who is online.  HCL is install on my Apache server with CPanel.  Any help you can give me in fixing this would be great. 

Thanks,
Shane
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: