Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 12:22:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: way to turn off some sounds but not all?  (Read 15834 times)
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« on: June 28, 2007, 06:14:34 PM »

We want to keep the request.mp3 file to notify us when someone requests a chat, but the visitor.mp3 file we want to disable because it's REALLY annoying hearing it play everytime the page refreshes. I tried renaming the file to visitor.mp3.bak on my server through FTP, but the sound is still playing. Not sure how it is still playing, but it is. Any idea how I can disable it?

Thanks,
David Henderson
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 06:25:57 PM »

It's cached...
  Best idea is create an empty file called vistors.mp3 and clear your cache. 

how may I help you today?
Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 06:45:35 PM »

Just clear the cache of the browser?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 06:47:45 PM »

Yup, the mp3 is static, so it should cache it.  The other thing, shutdown the browser and restart to ensure that the java resets.

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »

Ok, I know I asked this in that other thread, but we are still having the issue where it disconnects us if we don't do anything in the monitor window for 10-15 minutes. Anyway to increase the session time so it doesn't log you out?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 08:00:37 PM »

Still working on that one. Smiley  I haven't forgotten, I promise. Cheesy

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 10:32:33 PM »

Well, I did increase the spot in the config file that says

Code:
// The number of seconds the operator can remain idle until
        // their status changes to offline
        $conf['live_timeout'] = '40';

I changed that to 1800 seconds to make it 30 minutes. That seems to have helped a little bit. However, it would be much nicer if there was an option to make it so that you could set administrators to never be auto-logged out. A lot of the time my boss or I will have a monitor window open, but only for the purpose of seeing our visitors and watching what pages the visit and how long they are on each page (Completely AMAZING feature I must say, WE LOVE IT!) and do not go online in the monitor for chats at all. It would be really nice if we could do that without being logged out fr being idle!:)

Thanks,
David Henderson

P.S.
Before I set this up, we were looking for a who's online module for the admin backend. We wanted to see how many people were online at any given time, but only that we coould see, and not on the frontend for all visitors to see. However, we have no need for that now with HCL being on the site, and it offers better and more info that we ever could have hoped for! You did an outstanding job with this program!

Another question I had. This setting here:
Code:
// The length of time in seconds that the database cache will be kept
        $conf['expire'] = 86400; //24 hours

Does that keep the transcripts of all chats there? We are wondering if there was a way to keep the transcripts associated with each visitor for about 30 days. I figure that would be enough time to decide if we wanted to permanently save that users chat logs, or let them be deleted. So is that where I could increase the time, or would I need to change something elsewhere?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 11:10:00 PM »

That's for the database cache, It's a bit of slight of hand, when the DB is checked for certain types of info (operator, department) that doesn't change much, it uses the cache to fetch the data.  Transcripts are kept as long as you don't delete them.

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 06:44:23 PM »

Ah ok. So you use this on Drupal? I am using it on joomla. Have heard a lot of talk about drupal lately, few joomla people I know have changed to it. How do you like it so far? The only reason I have stuck with joomla and haven't tried drupal is because I have never seen a template on drupal like the ones you can make in joomla!

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 06:47:11 PM »

I love Drupal.  It's more of a combination between a CMS and a Wiki.  Nice hybrid.  I don't think very many people spend time on the themes, as you may have noticed, I haven't Cheesy  I'm graphics impaired, but I manage. Cheesy

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »

I am graphics impaired also..I assume you've seen my site since you mentioned wishing you knew us earlier:) This programwas a little expiremtn for me, and it went well. Wanted to see how hard it was to take a php module and convert it into a joomla module. Seems like it went pretty smoothly. My next step is to try and take phpauction and make it a joomla module or component.

So you say drupal is part wiki? So that's why you said I could add the fix for virtuemart into the installation area? I tried to find where you were talkinga bout, but didn't see it.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 07:09:39 PM »

Click create content, then select book page.  You type up your page, and me or one of the devels or mods can publish it to the installation book.

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 07:17:13 PM »

Ah ok, will do that tonight:) I guess if I am going to give instructions on tfixing the image stickign on the page in IE for virtuemart, then I might as well explain how to make HCL a virtuemart module too eh? Or is that already done?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 07:18:58 PM »

Nope, no one has done anything about using HCL as a module.  Although it is a great idea.

Blasphemy
Not too much to say...

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 08:12:41 PM »

Ok, I'll document how I did that also then:)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: