Help Center Live Community
April 25, 2014, 01:06:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird problems with a chat  (Read 3556 times)
bobena
Not too much to say...

« on: March 20, 2008, 03:39:10 PM »

Okay - this is weird and kinda hard to explain, so bear with me.

Chat started around 5:00.  Operator and customer both chatting along fine until around 5:17.  Then, in the transcript, we can only see the operators portion of the chat.  The operator, however, was still chatting with the customer for almost 10 minutes... she sent me the transcript and they were talking back and forth.  Then, all of a sudden, the customer can no longer see what the operator is typing.  Really strange.

You should know that we're running 2.1.5, and have learned to deal with the 150 character limit.  We finally figured out that our canned messages that were longer than this caused issues, so we shortened everything.  This particular conversation had nothing over 150, and no line breaks that I'm aware of (I've heard that's a problem).

Relevant portions of the transcript (with names changed for privacy)...

5:17 - the customer line below is the last one we see in the "official" transcript in hcl/admin/

Customer: She keeps school separate from talking to me
Operator: Now why would I think that???
Operator: Smiley
Operator: You know this is hard stuff

5:26 - this is the end of the transcript I was emailed - my operator did a cut and paste on the screen before she closed it... because there is nothing in the transcript I have no times for the customer, but it appears there were no lapses over about 30 seconds.
Customer: Would you know what that would mean?
Operator: I'm not 100% sure
Operator: I think you may want to talk to a coach about this
Operator: do you know about that program we offer?
Customer: Are you still there?
Operator: yes

Any thoughts?  Did we have any weird characters or something?  I LOVE this software, but the boss is about to dump this because of this... I don't think I can go back to software without canned messages!  lol

Anyway - if anyone has any ideas we would really appreciate it!

TIA
bobena
Operator: can you see this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: