Help Center Live Community
April 25, 2014, 03:28:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What port does the messenger use?  (Read 3768 times)
sfalls
Not too much to say...

« on: March 19, 2009, 02:26:03 PM »

I work on a college campus and thought this software would be a good addition to our helpdesk.   I set this up on my machine to test in January.   It was working fine back then but I had a few more projects i had to do and stopped messing with HCL.   Now that those projects are done I am back to test this software further.   The problem is that recently the network admin has blocked quite a few ports to try and stop bit torrents on campus.   Now the messenger system does not work.   If i can know the port the messenger works off of then I can have him open that port back up and see if that is my problem.   Thanks.
Panikos
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 02:35:12 PM »

If the problem is with the online app as well then I don't think it has to do with the port.   If you are using firefox to test it probably has to do with the new cross-site scripting changes in the browser.   Someone was kind enough to post a "code fix" on this forums to deal with the problem till the new version comes out. 

Alternatively my firewall seems to think that ports 2749 and 2751 on localhost map to port 80 on remote host. 

Hope that helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: