Help Center Live Community
April 19, 2014, 07:57:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's next after installation?  (Read 6460 times)
mjwebmaster
Not too much to say...

« on: September 04, 2009, 09:50:31 PM »

Ok, i have successfully installed this using fatastico in bluehost.  After that I dont know how to make the  default image "online".  I dont even know how to make it online!

I webmaster but new to this help center.  Can somebody help give me a step by step directions?

also the generate code, it says add to the page you want to monitor.  What if i wanted to monitor the whole site? besides that i have a wordpress site.

thanks a lot.  :)
mjwebmaster
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 05:41:01 AM »

bump.  is there anyone here???

how can i make my help center online?
dr.technet
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 01:09:45 AM »

I would really like some directions also im clueless and i get a error when i try to do stuff so. . .
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 08:49:00 AM »

I am here... seems I am the only one though. Not to be rude, but if you cannot figure out how to read a forum and install a very simple system, I don't think you should call yourself a "webmaster"... maybe a "weblearner," but not a "webmaster."  If you read through the forum, you will find out that most fantastico installs are broken, so delete everything from that install and install from scratch. Make sure to set permissions correctly, and if you get an error about a blob when creating an operator, ignore it (and of course you would know that once you read the forum). You have to create at least one department and one operator, and assign said operator to said department. You must also apply a few patches in order for all of the properly build browsers (aka, everything except for IE) to work properly, due to security updates in those browsers (and of course IE didn't get a similar security update because IE is made for anyone who is too naive or doesn't care about security). After you do that, you must jump up and down three times, do two backflips, and pull both ears while sticking out your tongue. If done properly, everything will work. But there is a 99% chance that it won't work properly right off the bat.  If you can figure out how to install it properly and read the forum on your own, you may come back and ask for more assistance, otherwise I would suggest that you move on and find a properly constructed application

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
gxjenkins
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 10:11:31 PM »

When you say apply patches are you talking about system patches, or patches to HCL?

If they are HCL patches where do I find them? I used Fantastico to install so I'm guessing it didn't install anything extra.

Thanks,
Gary
SpenserJ
HCL Regular

Some helpful guy

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 08:02:24 AM »

If you would take 10 minutes out of your obviously busy life and read the recommended threads that I link to in my signature, you would understand exactly what I am talking about. And as I have said many times before, DON'T INSTALL WITH FANTASTICO!

Lucky you... this is my last post here! You got the honors Cheesy

I am NOT a developer for HelpCenterLive. I am just trying to help out anyone that has issues. If you have a problem, check the list of fixes and then create a new topic
gxjenkins
Not too much to say...

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 06:09:05 AM »

MF1590
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 02:32:11 PM »

I have to protect Spenser, he has done more than anybody else to help out on this forum.
But he is right - people don't read the existing posts before they post something new, and this is frustrating. I feel for Spenser and am sad if he would really be gone.

Read some more of his posts and you'll see...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: