Help Center Live Community
July 23, 2014, 11:35:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which ticket system to use while waiting for native hclTicket / eTicket solution  (Read 4776 times)
BastiaanR
Not too much to say...

« on: November 04, 2007, 03:21:41 PM »

(I'm reposting here, as I did not get any reply to my earlier post in the Core subforum.)

I've been asked to check out the various possibilities regarding Live Chat + E-mail + Trouble Ticket systems, and so came accross Help Center Live.

HCL came recommended to me as an "all in one system". Perfect, just what I am looking for! But after installing HCL on a testmachine I noticed that the Ticketing feature was missing. Strangely enough, on the main HCL website I could not find a description of HCL, it's features, what it did and what it didn't. Not under "About HCL" and not under "Features". (Actually, in the story "About HCL" there is one line that mentions osTicket is being removed and replaced by eTicket, but it doesnt say that, at the moment, you're left with no ticket system to use at all). Only in the forum does it mention the ticket system is defunct.

Can I also suggest mentioning clearly somewhere on the site where one can log in to HCL after you have installed it? The "HCL Install Guide" and "Frequently Asked Questions" makes no mention of this, and I only happened to find it mentioned in a post in this forum.

My first question is, while we're waiting for the release of HCL 2.2.0 / 3.0.0 (which incorporates hclTicket / eTicket) what would you recommend to use as a Ticket system alongside HCL in the meantime?

My second question is, what is the current expectation for the release of HCL 3.0.0? In the forum I've seen dates mentioned "somewhere between next November and November 2010" and "in the beginning of the new year".

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 03:35:08 PM by BastiaanR » Logged
Nilpo
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 10:05:21 AM »

Great question.  I'm wondering the same thing.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 07:23:50 PM »

Basically, I'm using eTicket at this point for my own tickets.  The reason being that if I end up writing the module, it will be eTicket/osTicket based, as that is what has been done in the past.  As for the missing features list, it's right on the top of the page (under the heading of features.)

how may I help you today?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: