Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 11:06:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Live support isn't shown online????  (Read 6047 times)
itmyanmar
Not too much to say...

« on: November 19, 2008, 05:32:21 AM »

I just installed HelpCenterLive on my website.
But the help icon isn't shown online.
What is the problem??
I need some help.
Thanks.
pmdxuk
Not too much to say...

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »

Im not sure why this happens but it happened to me and this is how I solved the problem

Create a department for the different depts that you want and you also need to have one that is linked to all users , i have setup "general enquiries"

generate the code using the html tool for the all users department in my instance "general enquiries"

now when anyone is online "general enquiries" will show as online and the icon changes accordingly, but the users are still presented with the departments to choose the one that they want to talk to regardless.

The code doesnt work when you generate the icon code for "all departments", im no php or techy so I couldnt code a solution but there is clearly a problem with the query that is used for "all departments" within the icon selection as it doesnt look to the child departments for online users.

Hope this helps.
rgoss
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 03:33:27 PM »

@pmdxuk thanks for your copy & paste action to those too lazy to search!!

I had this problem at the beginning of installation.  Turns out i had generated HTML code. . .  not the image code.

As soon as i generated the Image Code and posted to my site, the image started changing immediately.  This is a bit counter-intuitive. .  cause it seems like the HTML code is what you would want.  However, this does not seem to be the case.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: