Help Center Live Community
April 24, 2014, 03:03:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Installation  (Read 40382 times)
belite
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 04:03:23 PM »

Okay I deleted the setup directory and it works.

Sorry for that Smiley
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 04:04:15 PM »

Ok, we're almost there, it's trying to write your config.php, which may still be not writable.  My bad, should have mentioned that up in the first reply when we we're talking about the directories.

I really need to get a windows guy to write me up an install.  I've never really used windows IIS, so I'm fairly lost in that world.

how may I help you today?
belite
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 04:07:05 PM »

Something more:

Is there a German language file at least for the Frontend (I can handle English but I'm not aware of my clients knowledge)?
Or can I translate it and then send it to you?!

And second thing:
Please check out http://www.belite.de/support/module.php?module=HelpCenter since I can't find any options.
I used HCl version 1 and it showed live help when available, otherwise a form for leaving a message.

Regards and many thanks
Ben

EDIT: I also can NOT open the Request Monitor!

SECOND EDIT:
I wanted to create a department, see the error message I got:

Out of range value adjusted for column 'email_port' at row 1

INSERT INTO `hcl_departments` (`name`, `visible`, `order`, `email`, `email_host`, `email_port`, `email_username`, `email_password`) VALUES ("beLite", "1", "0", "", "", "", "", "")
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 04:10:59 PM by belite » Logged
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 04:11:20 PM »

Check in the /lang directory, if it needs updating, please feel free to post a message to the themes board and attach it as a file.

Make sure you have defined at least on department and assigned an operator to it.  Also, you need to go into /modules/osTicket/hcl and edit the config.php file.  I for one would just turn off osTicket, there are issues with it.

belite
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 04:12:37 PM »

Check in the /lang directory, if it needs updating, please feel free to post a message to the themes board and attach it as a file.

Make sure you have defined at least on department and assigned an operator to it.  Also, you need to go into /modules/osTicket/hcl and edit the config.php file.  I for one would just turn off osTicket, there are issues with it.

But if I turn it off there will be no possibility to create tickets?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 04:15:03 PM »

Yes, however it's replacement will not have a mechanism to move tickets from osTicket to hclTicket.  hclTicket is NOT based on osTicket in any way.

osTicket has been a dead project for a long time.  eTicket is a fork that was to fix the issues, they fixed so much that I would literally have to rewrite it to get it working with HCL, thus we are building a native trouble ticket system.  Should have a release in the next few days.

belite
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 04:18:23 PM »

Okay, so if I use HCL2.1.2 without installing osTicket I DO NOT have the version 1 functionality (ticket system)?

Also, please notice this:

EDIT: I also can NOT open the Request Monitor!

SECOND EDIT:
I wanted to create a department, see the error message I got:

Out of range value adjusted for column 'email_port' at row 1

INSERT INTO `hcl_departments` (`name`, `visible`, `order`, `email`, `email_host`, `email_port`, `email_username`, `email_password`) VALUES ("beLite", "1", "0", "", "", "", "", "")

THIRD EDIT:
Field 'picture' doesn't have a default value

INSERT INTO `hcl_operators` (`username`, `password`, `firstname`, `lastname`, `email`, `showpic`, `autosave`, `level`) VALUES ("leist", "699e33630e09dfa853febb27668bcc10", "Benjamin", "Leist", "leist@belite.de", "0", "1", "0")

while adding an operator!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 04:49:18 PM by belite » Logged
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 05:07:13 PM »

Not yet, we're working on it.  osTicket has some serious vulnerabilities.  Some of which are sql injection issues and cross site posting.

You need to fill in the smtp server information in the department so that people can contact you with the contact form.

Sorry for the delay, the cable company was working on the pole, and accidentally disconnected me... Sad  What a day... Cheesy

Edit: Whoops, cross site scripting...

belite
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 06:10:49 PM »

You need to fill in the smtp server information in the department so that people can contact you with the contact form.

So I cannot add any operators or departments without the smtp information?

hm? what do you mean?
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 06:15:22 PM »

So I cannot add any operators or departments without the smtp information?

I've seen reports that under windows it will not let you add it without the smtp info.  You can just set it as your e-mail, it's used to send transcripts to users and to send data from the contact form to yourself.  I'm not sure why windows has the issue, and Unix doesn't.  It's related to the problem with the setup code, and something that I hope to have fixed in 2.1.3.

hm? what do you mean?

Earlier in the post I said cross site posting, it should be cross site scripting.  I edited the message after I wrote it.

belite
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 06:48:34 PM »

Then I get this error:

Out of range value adjusted for column 'order' at row 1

INSERT INTO `hcl_departments` (`name`, `visible`, `order`, `email`, `email_host`, `email_port`, `email_username`, `email_password`) VALUES ("beLite", "1", "", "info@belite.de", "", "", "", "")
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 07:03:51 PM »

Hmm, I'm starting not to like the windows platform (may not STARTING....)  Anyway, do you have a way to enter SQL directly either through a mysql monitor or phpmyadmin or something like that?

If not this is going to take a little time, For some reason it's not accepting "" as a blank, but as a null.  That according to mysql, isn't supposed to happen. 

meanwhile, I'll work out the SQL to run to fix the problem.  If you need to have a PHP written to run the sql, that's fine, just a lot more work, so I'll need more then a few minutes.

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 07:27:01 PM »

Ok, I may have you hang on, I'm going to push on 2.1.3RC1  It's a simple drop in upgrade, but it should resolve some of these issues.  However I need to rewrite some of the SQL statements in the system.  Seems new windows mysql doesn't like the old way of doing things.  That or no one running the script in the past year has been able to get it working on windows.

I can see the problem now, but there's a LOT of sql statements in HCL.  I can build hot fixes, but that basically amounts to finishing RC1.

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 08:50:22 PM »

Wow, that's REALLY a lot of SQL statements, 365 matches in the core alone.  It basically touches most of the files in the HCL package.  I'm cruising along now, about 1/4 done with the SQL, then it's just a matter of verifying everything, and I can box it up.

I'm hoping I can get this all done in the next 3 hours. Smiley 

HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 11:15:36 PM »

Ok, I believe I have them all, just need to test on a server and I'll upload it.  I'm going to release this as Beta2 however, as there were some a lot of edits in there.  For those who can't install or operate at all, go ahead and try it on your server.  If you have a running 2.1.2, DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR PRODUCTION SERVER.  Other people have found out the hard way that betas are NOT at all stable.

If this runs fine for 99% of the people testing it, we'll look at making it a release, however I expect a few issues, in which case the next release would be the release candidate.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: