Help Center Live Community
April 19, 2014, 06:23:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Monitoring Client Software  (Read 15344 times)
tjwalker
Not too much to say...

« on: August 22, 2007, 07:41:23 PM »

Greetings,
Love HCL! Only problem is I sometimes have my sound turned down, and the operator screen behind other application screens (on my WinXP workstation) - so I miss requests for a chat session.  Not good for business Undecided

I've looked at a lot of the commercial programs that come with a Windows client software that resides in your tasktray and alerts you to major events - such as a request for a chat session.  It's hard to miss such requests when a large notice bubble pops-up from your tasktray.

Does anyone know of such software available for HCL?

Thanks!
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 07:50:29 PM »

In the past, there was winApp, which did just what your looking for, however it is no longer available.  We're planning hclApp, which will come in Windows and Linux versions, however, it's at the bottom of the development pile at the moment.  Once HCL 3.x.x comes out and we end development on 2.1.x, we'll start up work on the App.  I find myself in the same boat as you, and really am anxious to build a new app.

Of course anyone is more the welcome to develop an application for HCL, and such efforts are appreciated.  If anyone chooses to do so, they should let us know about it, so we can work together to help make it happen.

how may I help you today?
tjwalker
Not too much to say...

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 08:00:04 PM »

Thank you very much for the response!

Yes, I thought I remembered an app being available - I just couldn't find anything recently on it.
In the meantime, I have a small suggestion that might help for future versions - that being the Admin ability to set what actions trigger sounds - and possible the ability to select different sounds.

I monitor several sites as Hotpages - and that's why I turn down my sound most of the time - because it distracts me whenever someone comes onto a hotpage.  But then I miss the sound for a chat request.

If I could turn off all sound triggers except for a chat request - and select some really obnoxious screaming-meme sound or something - that would help Smiley
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 08:15:33 PM »

I'll certainly add it to the feature request list for 3.0.0.  I doubt it would find it's way into the current releases as it would be non-trivial, however it does make a certain amount of sense.

Here is the entry, just to make sure I'm clear:

Allow events to be toggled to off, notify, sound for events (chat request, page visit, or module event notification).

tjwalker
Not too much to say...

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 08:49:26 PM »

That makes sense to me - in lieu of someone coming up with a new WinApp program.

Thanks,
tjwalker
Not too much to say...

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 08:13:40 PM »

Greetings again,

OK - just missed several more requests for chat because I had the sound turned down an another window open on top of the chat monitoring window.

In addition to the sound controls as I mentioned earlier - I had another idea. Any way to have a request for a chat to launch into a new browser window using the focus command - so that if someone requests a chat session - a new predefined browser window would automatically open in front of all the other windows I may have open.

That would be almost as good as a WinApp system.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 10:15:31 PM »

That may be a little easier, since the chat request causes the monitor window to update, it could easily be added to the template.  Ok, template guys, where are you? Cheesy

tjwalker
Not too much to say...

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 02:47:39 AM »

Exactly what file would this be? I am not a coder, but I have a couple of php guys working on projects - I could have them take a look at it.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 02:59:15 AM »

Which ever theme your working on, should be the monitor.tpl file.  Just insert java and you should be good to go.

tjwalker
Not too much to say...

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 04:44:19 AM »

That would be awesome.
However, not knowing the entire system - how everything interacts - I'm kind of lost looking at the code for monitor.tpl.  I would assume it would be one of the framesets below the </head> that would have to be replaced with a javascript call for a new window?

Something similar to this onclick call:  onclick="MyWin=window.open('faq.html', 'newWnd', 'width=240,height=300,menubar=yes,toolbar=yes,location=no,resizable=1,scrollbars=yes,status=yes');MyWin.focus();"

This is the current monitor.tpl:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>{$conf.company} - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset={$lang.charset}" />
<link href="{$conf.url}/templates/{$conf.template}/css/admin.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
{if $javascript != ""}
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="{$conf.url}/class/js/include.php?{$javascript}">
</script>
{/if}
</head>
<frameset rows="60,*,0" cols="*" framespacing="0" border="0">
  <frame src="{$conf.url}/admin/monitor/status.php?time={$epoch}" name="winstatus" frameborder="no" scrolling="no" noresize>
  <frame src="{$conf.url}/admin/monitor/response.php" name="monitor" frameborder="no" scrolling="yes">
</frameset>
</html>
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 09:48:55 AM »

Ah, your right, it would be in one of the frame windows.  Instead of onClick, you would use onLoad.  Same idea tho'  It would be in the monitor_content.tpl down near the bottom, you can see where it loops the mp3.  Should be easy to add the focus.  Might want to make it a part of the conditional.  The templates can be a little confusing since they are not either HTML or PHP (but rather simular) they are a actually written in Smarty, which is a template engine.  It allows for a ton of control for changing the look and feel of the software.

nikko
Not too much to say...

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 12:30:06 AM »

Have i missed something here?
I am a new user and I have tested it on a OS XP, it works great thanks!
As regards to wanting a new window to pop up on a chat request, just minimise the java window and up it pops on a request!
Thanks again for a very professional program.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 04:46:45 AM »

Have i missed something here?
I am a new user and I have tested it on a OS XP, it works great thanks!
As regards to wanting a new window to pop up on a chat request, just minimise the java window and up it pops on a request!
Thanks again for a very professional program.

You know, I've never minimized any of my monitors.. hehehe.   I'd never noticed that before.  Thanks! 

tjwalker
Not too much to say...

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 02:54:12 AM »

OK - I'm having one of those Doh! moments. I started this thread, and had never tried minimizing the monitoring window either.  It does just what I wanted it to.

Thanks to all.
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2007, 12:50:48 PM »

At least your not one of the developers... Shesh! Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: