Help Center Live Community
April 21, 2014, 03:03:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Monitoring Client Software  (Read 15367 times)
tjwalker
Not too much to say...

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 05:39:28 PM »

Although, all being said and done - I would still like to see a new window's client for several reasons.
1. It can reside in the system tray - out of the way.
2. It could auto log me on and off based on computer activity. (Sometimes I'm away from the computer for more than an hour and forget to log-off).
3. It could keep logs of all activity (visitors, chats, etc in easily accessible log files).

I've noticed that I sometimes have to keep two browser windows open for HCL - the original system log-in window and the monitoring window.  Sometimes if I close the login window - after a while, I get logged off although I never realize it through the monitoring window.  Needless to say, either my desktop or taskbar start to get crowded as the day goes on  Wink
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 12:46:50 AM »

I have to agree with you there.  Overall a web browser is great for general purpose stuff, but for really good client-server you need dedicated clients.

how may I help you today?
WiFiTech
Not too much to say...

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 06:07:25 PM »

I seem to have a problem with the monitor launching in the same window as a tab. (IE 7.0.5730.13) Then when I minimize the Window there is no Restore happening when a chat request comes in. Also Right Clicking the Live Monitor and selecting open in new window is not overcomeing the open in a tab.

Any Ideas on what I should try... ((I know a different browser... such as...))
HCL Admin
Administrator
HCL Superstar

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 09:31:32 PM »

IIRC in 7 you can detach the tabs.  There's also FF and Opera...

how may I help you today?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: